New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which side is/are your tailpipe located?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Left

11 42.31%
  • Right

12 46.15%
  • Middle

0 0%
  • Both left and right

2 7.69%
  • Front

1 3.85%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    typically the tailpipe would be located at the opposite side of where your fuel filler cap would be located.

So if you fuel filler is on the left side, the tail pipe will be on the right side.
    Is there a particular reason why this is so? My tail pipe is on the right, fuel tank cap is on the left.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Passenger side.

typically the tailpipe would be located at the opposite side of where your fuel filler cap would be located.

So if you fuel filler is on the left side, the tail pipe will be on the right side.
    Another trivia: check your fuel gauge. If the needle points to the right, chances are, your fuel tank lid is located right also.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    If the needle points to the right, chances are, your fuel tank lid is located right also.
    Full or empty?

Tailpipe = left side for both MB's, while on right side for '92 Corolla, Civic SiR (dad's) and Jazz

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Passenger side.

Another trivia: check your fuel gauge. If the needle points to the right, chances are, your fuel tank lid is located right also.
    Nabasa ko iyan sa manual kaya nalaman ko. :D

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Passenger side.

exactly with my ride. what if the fuel gauge is pointing from E (left) to F(right) like those of revos and the like?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda97 View Post
    Is there a particular reason why this is so? My tail pipe is on the right, fuel tank cap is on the left.
    I think it has something to do with safety. The hot exhaust pipe(s) must not pass too near to the plumping that goes to the fuel tank.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus
    Not necessarily. My fuel gauge needle points to the right, yet my fuel tank lid is located on the left.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; November 8th, 2007 at 03:41 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    passenger side

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my needle points up... but my fuel filler is nowhere near the roof!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Not necessarily. My fuel gauge needle points to the right, yet my fuel tank lid is located on the left.
    Baka converted. j/k

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Which side is/are your tailpipe/s located?