New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What do you think of the Lite Ace? I'm planning to get one for my Mom :D Any tips on buying one?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    hi. i once had a 91 lite ace. it performed perfectly considering that i bought it second hand in 94. i encountered only minor maintenance repairs, like tune-up, change tires etc. it tends to overheat though when stuck in traffic with the A/C on. overall its a good vehicle. i sold it last year coz i think i needed a newer model. until now im still looking for a 96 or 97 model.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mabagal... pero since mom mo naman mag-drive, okay na siguro..

maluwag loob, ganda legroom nya, relaxed driving position

medyo malakas sa gas dahil 5K (1500cc) for the heavy body..

don't get the 1989/90 model dahil column shift.. get the 1991 and up model para floor shifting..

overheating ang laging problema ng liteace pero naayos naman, add ng aux fan, always use coolant..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yup!everything revogsx has said is true, except for the "matakaw" part because, based from my experience, i was able to get 11 Km/liter- highway driving, not bad for a van.
    and yes, to counter the overheating tendency of the lite ace, use a lot of coolant. maybe a 70:30 coolant-water ratio will be better.or better yet, change the radiator with a bigger one (more rows).

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    solution for that overheat problem is to have your radiator upgraded......since I had my liteace's radiator upgraded.....I dont even have to add any coolant.......never overheated anymore.....anyways.....mine's a '92 model liteace........upgraded front and rear doors with auto door locks and power windows and side mirrors.......:D

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    n3il53n, what kind of radiator upgrade did you do?

dj, look for the later models, 96-up, para power steering na and 1.8l na.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Drove a Lite Ace on my first year in College. Lagi kong namimiss yun..dami mo kasing maisasakay..napakaluwag! Handling is very good for a van, fuel consumption..mejo may kalakasan pero ayos lang mura pa ang gas nun. I recommend it for your mom.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its a good city/highway van... the overheating prob can be cured. But loading it up and going up the mountains will be a hard task for the car.

I was also thinking of how a 7K engine from the FX will fit in.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Jimbob,

meron bang 1.8L na local liteace? i think mga imported from japan/subic yung 1.8 and converted to lefthand..
    meron din yata 2C diesel na liteace from japan/subic..

10. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    maganda ang liteace. tama nga sila na medyo mahina nga siya kasi 1.5 lang yung engine. pero ok kasi sobrang luwag. ok na yan kung for city driving lang naman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Lite Ace..........