New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Hi All,

i started this thread in hopes of compiling a checklist for a would-be second-hand car buyer.

Any info you are willing to offer -- tips, personal experiences, recommended shops, bargaining, whatever -- please post it here!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Anong shops ung recommend nyo? Di baleng medyo mahal, wag lang naggagancho B)

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    dude,
    by nature, used car shops will only make money if they sell cars. and they'll do what it takes to sell you a car, kahit "mang-gancho" sila, they don't care. very rare, kung meron man, ung honest used car sales shops. i suggest you look for original owners who are selling their own cars. madami naman jan.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    found mine in a sunday edition of Manila Bulletin. ill recommend you this guy who sells cars. pm me if interested.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    situated at Kamagong Makati...
    yung harap ng speed boat shop..
    i am not saying not to patronise this shop but my cousin had a very bad experience with them..
    ur call..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, Alabang auto exchange is not a second hand dealership. The car owners park their cars there for 3k a month tapos yung owner ng auto-exchange just acts like a middleman. Siguro safe ka doon bumili if you wanna avoid "wheeler-dealers".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    be careful also in dealing with prospective car sellers...

there were stories that circulated that while test driving the car, they were framed for carnapping... or the buyers were robbed of their cash (they were paying already) and murdered...

as much as possible, try to bring along someone with you when checking out a car and dress down!

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    bring a magnet along, and try to see kung makapal na yung masilya ng car, most probably it was involved in an accident. try also to knock the body, most well maintained bodies wud sound lata, while other na makapal yung masilya medyo dead na yung sound.

also, ive read this on FHM, try swiping ur fingers around the muffler tip (if u dont mind getting ur fingers dirty), if the deposit is quite greasy, the engine might not be well maintained.

try to test drive the car and look for weird noises on the suspension and the engine.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ibang klase talaga and uncertainty kapag sa dealership ka pumunta lalo na kung bagito ka sa pagtingin ng kotse.

recommended talaga na magsama ng mekaniko/latero kapag sa kanila ka kukuha, ang dami ko na ring kakilala na nagantso sa dealership.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    i also read sa FHM(maganda kasi ung article eh) na me isang shop that gives warranty for segunda manos...most shops ba e me mabibigay na warranty?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
segunda mano checklist