New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Anong mas bagay sa Maynila: Sedan or AUV/SUV?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Compacts Sedans (Altis,Lancer,Sentra,etc)

2 9.09%
  • AUV (Revo,Adventure,Crosswind,etc)

2 9.09%
  • SUV (Escape,Rav4,Pajero,etc)

14 63.64%
  • Pickup (Strada,Ranger,D-Max,etc)

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Ano bang mas bagay sa Maynila?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    With potholes all over the metro and sudden downpour that causes flash floods, I'd be better wading those floods on my rig.

Naaawa ako sa suspension settings ng sedans, madaling masira gawa ng lubak at baha. No offense meant to sedans drivers, but they do have an advantage over height limited parking spaces.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mini SUVs

its the right choice if you want the comfort of drivng a sedan and you dont do serious off roading and yet the high vehicle stance is good enough for Manila's pot hole ridden and flood prone roads.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    yeap yeapp agree with supierreman. mini ute kung d naman kelangan ng space tlaga. masyadong malaki para sa manila streets ang mga SUV na full size... too tight na and congested ang roads... sedan naman as sir OTEP mentioned parang offroad na un ibang kalsada dito hehe

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    compact sedan for me. i consider fuel and maintenance costs as primary factors. plus ease of maneuvering in and out of congested roads and/or parking lots. ingat na lang sa potholes at baha. and, no offense to those who have tall vehicles, you don't block much of the view of the car behind you.

add to that, hindi masyadong mainit sa mata ng mga holduper, carnapper at kidnapper.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUVs obviously.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AUV or SUV ...

Generally, kaunti lang ang decent road sa MM and the whole country eh.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SUV=with coils on all four

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    pero talking in terms of crash tests...of course depende rin sa make, pero, generally speaking, di ba you're better off in a sedan than in an AUV/SUV?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i 2nd the motion pissword's opinion...

mini utes are the best compromise... the mid to full size SUVs are just too big for our streets... plus they tend to block forward visibility for the driver behind them.

against AUVs and Pickups, they are more manuverable and the suspension is more composed and bearable.

against sedans, they have a lot more space to give, has a better visibility, and can take on those nasty potholes with ease.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sedan or SUV/AUV for Manila's Roads?