New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Dear Tsikot members,

Check ko lang po kung sino na sa inyo ang nag-try ng RORO?

I plan to bring my car sa Ilo-ilo using RORO kaya lang hesitant ako kasi daming factors:

Drive from Manila to Batangas City
    RORO fees from Batangas to Calapan
    Drive from Calapan to Roxas
    RORO fees from Roxas to Caticlan
    Drive fom Caticlan to Ilo-ilo
    Gasoline Expenses

I already tried it by bus and it was not so nice, kapagod. I want to try it using my car.

I hope you can share some experiences.

Regards,

skyglider

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    yung pinsan ko na try na nya yung roro ( iloilo to bacolod), try mo yung first class, ok naman daw at mabilis pa.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    tried it twice going to samar...by bus though. the trip was tiring and super cold when darkness sets in. pero once you board the roro ok nanaman. bad trip lang ang mga roro terminal kasi napapabayaan ang maintenance ng mga toilets. bagong bago on my first trip pero it deteriorated immensely on my 2nd one. hope the DOT or the marina or whoevers in charge would do something about that.

yun lang. pasensya na napa-rant ako

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'd like to try it also - all the way to Zamboanga City. Will also try going to Boracay/Caticlan.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    I used the roro last mar 2006, I brought a pick up for the high ground clearance because the ramps of the boats are high and I experienced bringing a 97 Lancer before and it scratched the whole under side of the car. The trip starting from Manila can take you around 2 - 3 hours and its around 100km distance, then upon reaching the pier you will need to get police clearance for your car just show you photocopy o.r. and c.r., then you have to pay the arraste all of these will cost you less than P600 all of this are at the entrance of the pier then you line up for the boat ride. The boat fare for my pick up was P1,400 (1 pax is free) additional pax will be P144. Then enjoy the almost 3 hour boat ride. But if don't bring a car it would take you 45 minutes using the super cat. Upon reaching the calapan pier just drive out of the pier and follow the road signs leading to Rosax city its around 130KM distance. And may take you about 2 hours (maybe less if during late evening or ealy morning) Sorry its up to here what I experienced
    With gas stations there are a few in calapan so it you see one better fill up cause the next one would be 20 or more km distance.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    hindi din ata covered ng car insurance pag lumubog yun RORO

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    so long as you dont get bored during the rather long boat trips, going roro is okay. i used to do that weekly (between toledo city, cebu and san carlos city, negros occidental). i use that trip to catch up on some readings and cross word puzzle solving

although i have seen cars and the diminuitive multicabs going roro, ingat pa rin.

in toledo, pag low tide, the ramp becomes pretty steep (almost 40 degrees ata in my estimation) and siguradong sasayad ang mga sasakyan with low ground clearance.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i-verify ko nga kung covered ng insurance yun... thanks sa mga replies...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    mga sirs,

lam nyo po ba distance from Caticlan - Ilo-ilo City saka conditions ng mga Roads kung ok....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i think mga 200+kms from caticlan to iloilo (around 4-5hrs drive). nag roro kami twice already from manila to bacolod using our LC60/bighorn. yung first was october last year then yung second was december last year. medyo maraming rough road (mindoro and also part ng caticlan to dumangas) yung last namin na byahe dahil umuulan that time palagi. yun din yung time na bumaha sa calapan mindoro.

try to call Montenegro Shipping Lines or Starlite Ferry para sa schedule ng ferry. search mo rin sa mga threads dito coz' i saw before a detailed report sa roro trip ng mga tsikoteers going to caticlan.

MANILA...110kms...BATANGAS...roro(2-3 hrs)....CALAPAN CITY, ORIENTAL MINDORO........130kms..........ROXAS, ORIENTAL MINDORO....... roro(5hrs).....CATIKLAN……200+kms…. ILOILO……roro(2hrs)…… BACOLOD

we used an EZ Map during our trip and just follow the road signs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roro