New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Hi. Hope someone can help.

I'm looking for roof rails (roof rack) for my 1997 Civic. Thule offers a model but it is too expensive! Would anyone know less expensive alternatives? May local ba na nagfa-fabricate nito? Where can I get one?

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can look around in Banawe... but for me, Thule still offers the best roof racks and roof carriers... worth the added PPP IMO.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thanks for the reply vinj.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bakit mo lalagyan ng roof rack ung kotse mo? hindi ba masagwa tignan?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    BTW, if you get a rack, try to get the closed ones (roof carriers) as this is quite more suitable in our conditions (rains, thieves, etc.) when you travel out of town. Plus you dont have to worry about anything blowing off.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    The rails are for a bike rack.

Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    ahh... bike rack pala.. hehe pero still masagwa tingnan yung rack if wala ang bike doon dba? buy nalang a new pickup hehe just kiddin...

havent seen a car pa na may roofrack hehe

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    cousin had it done in evang, mga 2.5 thou or lower if you're lucky... that's with the frame-rails for the bike, too... have it painted matte black, because the plastic used for cheap ones is kinda shiny.

So far, he has had no problems with it... holds up pretty well under his bike.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Thank you Niky, maybe you can ask san sa Evangelsta nya pinagawa? Gutter mounted ba yung pinagawa nya?

Pissword, if I had the funds, I'd buy a pick up! :-) The car may not look too good without the bike but, I need to carry the bike long distances regularly, beats carrying it in the back seat and soiling the interior.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by pissword
    ahh... bike rack pala.. hehe pero still masagwa tingnan yung rack if wala ang bike doon dba? buy nalang a new pickup hehe just kiddin...

havent seen a car pa na may roofrack hehe
    My neighbor's BF has one on his Civic (Thule bike rack). NA-weweirdan lang ako as he doesnt remove it even when its not in use.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Roof Rack