New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Hey guys! Do you have any tips on how to have a safe and smooth transaction when selling our pre-owned car? Where do you meet up? Where do you conduct the test drive? How do you proceed with the payment? What's the process of transferring the registrations to the new owner? I already have a buyer from my online ad, but I really want to be careful and have a safe transaction as much as possible. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Where do you meet up - a public place, maybe a cafe or fast food joint.
    Where to test drive - again public roads. Magsama ng kaibigan, ask for ID first, take a picture then send to someone etc.
    How do you proceed with payment - depende na sa usapan. Ive seen my dad get paid cold hard cash lol. But thats dangerous. Maybe manager's check.
    Transfer - havent done this, lto website might be of help. Wait for others to chime in.
    These are just my ideas, more on safety and security mo ang consideration.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    for meet ups.. better at the mall..then drive all they want sa parking, like sm bicutan B..just leave the parking ticket to a companion of yours. kahit di kana sumama basta make sure the boom is operational

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Ito naman sakin....

Where do you meet up - a mall
    Where to test drive - inside the mall or subdivision.
    How do you proceed with payment - MC or cash, inside a bank sabay deposit.
    Transfer - bahala na siya, gawa lang ng DoS after payment and notarized by a NP nearby.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto medyo nakakaligtaan.

after payment or finalization of deal, ikaw na ang magpalipat ng name of ownership. singilin mo na lang sa buyer yun.
    since you are asking to sell it safely. pag naaksidente yung oto mo o ginamit sa hindi magandang bagay, hindi na nakapangalan sa iyo.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    If tamad kayo mag transfer, make sure the DoS contains proper IDs of the buyer, huwag papayag na cedula lang. Government IDs or passports are ideal.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Where do you meet up - a public place, maybe a cafe or fast food joint.
    Where to test drive - again public roads. Magsama ng kaibigan, ask for ID first, take a picture then send to someone etc.
    How do you proceed with payment - depende na sa usapan. Ive seen my dad get paid cold hard cash lol. But thats dangerous. Maybe manager's check.
    Transfer - havent done this, lto website might be of help. Wait for others to chime in.
    These are just my ideas, more on safety and security mo ang consideration.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for your insights! Nakakatakot nga ata cash! Siguro pwede sa loob ng bank ang transaction then deposit agad, or MC as you've mentioned.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by MR_BIG18 View Post
    for meet ups.. better at the mall..then drive all they want sa parking, like sm bicutan B..just leave the parking ticket to a companion of yours. kahit di kana sumama basta make sure the boom is operational

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Enough na kaya ang test drive sa loob ng parking? I think most of the buyers would want to test it on public roads medyo nakakatakot lang for the seller.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by papi smith View Post
    Ito naman sakin....

Where do you meet up - a mall
    Where to test drive - inside the mall or subdivision.
    How do you proceed with payment - MC or cash, inside a bank sabay deposit.
    Transfer - bahala na siya, gawa lang ng DoS after payment and notarized by a NP nearby.
    Yes, perhaps mas safe sa subdivision mag test drive. Then MC or cash transaction inside a bank.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    eto medyo nakakaligtaan.

after payment or finalization of deal, ikaw na ang magpalipat ng name of ownership. singilin mo na lang sa buyer yun.
    since you are asking to sell it safely. pag naaksidente yung oto mo o ginamit sa hindi magandang bagay, hindi na nakapangalan sa iyo.
    Thanks for pointing that out bro! I'll probably transfer it myself! How much does it cost by the way?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast