New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    For me (selling) the car is just in our house. Test drive is done inside our subdivision.

Payment, we prefer manager's cheque (depending on the price of the car), we meet up at the bank to have the money deposited directly.

Buyer of my old Box Type paid in cash in 20 peso bills (100k)! The buyer came in a back pack full of money. Normally 100k is my limit for cash.

We make sure that the deed of sale is notarized before the buyer leaves with our car.

There was a time when I bought a car from a "celebrity." Her agent ensured that before we left with her car, the LTO documentation must be complete - this is her requirement. Again, test drive inside the subd (those humps are a big help) payment in manager's cheque (agent's office) then the agent accompanied us at Pasig and LTO to have the papers transferred.

Just make sure that the deed of sale is notarized before the buyer takes you car. He may not have time to transfer the documents immediately, but if the car is involved in anything, at least you have the deed of sale to prove that the car is no longer yours.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    For me (selling) the car is just in our house. Test drive is done inside our subdivision.

Payment, we prefer manager's cheque (depending on the price of the car), we meet up at the bank to have the money deposited directly.

Buyer of my old Box Type paid in cash in 20 peso bills (100k)! The buyer came in a back pack full of money. Normally 100k is my limit for cash.

We make sure that the deed of sale is notarized before the buyer leaves with our car.

There was a time when I bought a car from a "celebrity." Her agent ensured that before we left with her car, the LTO documentation must be complete - this is her requirement. Again, test drive inside the subd (those humps are a big help) payment in manager's cheque (agent's office) then the agent accompanied us at Pasig and LTO to have the papers transferred.

Just make sure that the deed of sale is notarized before the buyer takes you car. He may not have time to transfer the documents immediately, but if the car is involved in anything, at least you have the deed of sale to prove that the car is no longer yours.
    Thanks for your suggestions sir! Appreciate it!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    don't do it sa house nyo, for security reasons..

Quote Originally Posted by paomigz15 View Post
    Thanks for your suggestions sir! Appreciate it!

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Yes, I don't post my house as meeting place, we meet at a nearby mall although he can see my address in the CR of the car.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thanks for pointing that out bro! I'll probably transfer it myself! How much does it cost by the way?
    not sure, pero baka di ka pa abutin ng 3k.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Thanks for pointing that out bro! I'll probably transfer it myself! How much does it cost by the way?
    The last time i transferred, it costs me Php3,500. Our do-it- all man do the works.

DriveFast.DieHappy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12