New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hello peeps...

we all know Foose designs by now and their custom cars.

Is it possible to pull it off here in pinas? I know someone who has an old impala for example that they got for 20k... my cousin has a 60's mustang he got for like 4 pesos

how hard is it to slap in some brembo brakes, new v8s, new paint job, power windows, carbon fibers and concept one wheels?

do you think we could do some customized cars here while maintaining reasonable costs? which shops do it in a regular basis?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    custom body work is one of those things that only comes out good if the shop is very experienced. don't take it to anyone without seeing examples of their work (lines must be straight, panels must not have gaps, and absolutely don't let anyone use that fiberglass crap). the advantage you have in the PI is that labor is cheap, even for the very best shops. carbon fiber? same deal - you have to find a really good fabricator.

brembo brakes and wheels? very easy to install as long as you have the money. i am not sure if brembo makes kits for older cars though - look around on the internet. i do know that there are a lot of wheel manufacturers for impalas and mustangs.

new engines? easy also but be prepared to spend a ton of money. chevy and ford still sell brand new crate motors of different displacement and hp that are designed to fit perfectly into these old cars.

in summary - easy? yes, kind of. cheap? hell no.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    What do you want one to your Stang?

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    get in touch with a guy here, or was it AI?, that goes by the handle turbo. he's an american muscle guru. he has a shop in bulacan.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    gusto ko ngang gumawa ng shop na ganyan eh..for auto-enthusiasts. but not like a-toy..yung talagang marunong magfabricate ng parts and create one fine car..hehe hirap lang maghanap ng experienced staff and then you have to train them pa.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    bocaue ata yung location niya

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Turbo is the man. Been there last year. You guys should check his cars. Muscle cars to be exact.

It's possible here to do what's Foose doing, except there's not much enthusiasts to cover the scene. Ilan-ilan lang kami nagrerestore. If you can tap the younger market, say the 20s to 30s, then we have a future.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    sana me mga pics syang dito sa tsikot at me sarili syang thread. Who knows baka maraming interested sa pinas kanya lang di nila alam kung saan at paano magsimula.

RIDES and FOOSE designs.