New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Not sure if this is the right thread, couldnt find a general thread to ask this. Mod pls move if its on the wrong thread.

I'm planning to buy my very first car, I need experts advice pls.

Instead of a new car. I'm planning to buy LOW mileage repo cars from a bank. Can someone give me advice on this, What and What not to do? on buying a repo car.

Thanks for the assist

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Dala ka ng mekaniko

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    If possible, go for a test drive. And not just around the parking area. Bring it to a highway and get it up to speed. Check for signs of flooding or being in an accident. Check that all fluids are fine (no debris in them). There are a lot more things to check, but if you can bring a mechanic you trust, he can go through all of those items for you.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Hanapin mo yung thread about repo cars from PSBank to give a general idea on what to do.

Alam as is where is ang condition ng repo car. Not even allowed to start the car's engine. Pede ko mo lang mavisual check ang car sa loob ng warehouse. (Reference: PSBank repo thread).

Just bring trusted mechanic na lang.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, bring a mechanic. Make up a check list before you go so you do not forget to check anything. It should include engine, powertrain, brakes, wheels, electrical, underchassis, interior and exterior checks. Check also for spare tire. And if you see rat or mice droppings in the engine bay then i suggest to stay away as the vehicle may already need serious electrical rewiring. Check the air filter and intake manifold as far in as you can in case mice have found their way inside there. And if you do see signs of mice living inside then as above stay away. It is not enough to just bounce the 4 corners to check the suspension, so do look under the vehicle!

As soon as you get it out of the bank's impound bring it to a garage for a complete engine flush, new oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air filter. I would even suggest you drop the oil pan, lift out the valve cover and empty the gas tank for complete thorough cleaning. Remember the previous owner may have had bad feelings towards the bank since their vehicle was repossesed and it is not farfetch that some of them might think of doing something to "get back". You know, like putting sugar in the gas tank or sand and even grinding compound in the oil with a perforated oil filter for added measure. A complete interior cleaning is also in order, dami na hanip sa loob nyan kasi more than 1 year nang nakatambay.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    aside don sa mga nakasaad sa itaas, usually may checklist ang repo cars galing sa warehouse, nakalagay doon lahat ng accessories, mga scratches and total condition ng car, yung sakin dati late ko na nakita yung check list, naka check doon na merong matting and antenna, pero wala yung mga yon nung nakuha ko yun car.

7. Join Date
    May 2013
    Last saturday lang nag punta kame sa warehouse ng PSBank sa libis and I can say maayos naman ang trato nila sa cars. Contrary dun sa sinabing visual inspection lang ang pwede, ung representative nila sa warehouse he started the car and let me inside. Honest din sila about sa issues ng car. At makikita mo sa warehouse meron din sila mga car wash boys don na hinuhugasan ung cars at maayos din pagkakasalansan ng mga cars sa warehouse(by brand) . May mga napuntahan na rin kase kame warehouse na kawawa ung mga kotse -puro alikabok at expose sa araw/ulan.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    BDO and BPI warehouses inaalikabok na mga kotse. Alam ko kapag repossessed best you can do is start the engine. You are not allowed to test drive it even within the warehouse.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Salamat po sa mga nagreply

Yes, sa PSBANK po ang titingnan ko sa Sabado.

Pano po b ang process ng biding? Sorry wala ako alam sa ganyan

Pede b sa mga repo cars ipa-finance din? D ko kaya icash out eh. Sa mga nakagawa na nito. Pano po process sa repo finance?

May mga kailangan po bng pagingatan sa mga ganya sa biding process, pagkuha ng repo n kotse?

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by boytsiks View Post
    Hanapin mo yung thread about repo cars from PSBank to give a general idea on what to do.

Alam as is where is ang condition ng repo car. Not even allowed to start the car's engine. Pede ko mo lang mavisual check ang car sa loob ng warehouse. (Reference: PSBank repo thread).

Just bring trusted mechanic na lang.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

Saan ko po makikita yung thread ng "PSBANK repo"??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Repo Cars