New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    lol.Ahh the smell of burning rubbers.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/70943/drift_show/
    Last edited by ronald_m; August 31st, 2006 at 07:58 AM.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    waaa.. gulong ko po.. amp galing mga drift

3. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    japanese drivers are crazy.When they brought D1 in California everybody wants to drive sideways.NOw americans are trying to copy them but they're no match to jap drifters.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You could always convert an EVO or STI to rear wheel drive... just weld the front differentials. I saw a video of a RWD STI... wasn't pretty... slide slide slide... bam!

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    You could always convert an EVO or STI to rear wheel drive... just weld the front differentials. I saw a video of a RWD STI... wasn't pretty... slide slide slide... bam!
    But the Evo's engine is mounted transversely, so how can you turn it to RWD, which normally has its engine mounted longitudinally?

As for the STi, the latest versions offer this torque controller wherein you can transfer up to 2/3 of grunt to the rear wheels. But turning it to a pure RWD is more possible, because the engine is mounted lengthwise.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Wala sa engine yan, it's all in the differentials. The procedure is the same, you make the front differential solid and remove the front drive-axles so that it sends 100% of the torque to the back. I don't know if the rear differential will take all 300 hp, though.

Oops... edit: apparently, it can: Hwow... http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=115637

Forgive me, I didn't watch Tokyo Drift.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    It depends on the axle. The Supra can take up to 1000 hp! Evos, IIRC, have 50/50 split torque between the front and rear wheels. Also, isn't it unstable to convert to RWD if the manufacturer didn't intend it to be that way?

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Astig! Reminds me of the stunt show I saw in Disney Florida, only the cars here are way way cooler.

Yeah it's just for the sake of drifting, but If you have it as a daily driver, why ruin a machine that's one, if not the best handling car ever?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    awts hehe pudpud agad goma hehe

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Bwahaha... natawa ako dun sa lalaking nahulog sa oto nya!:rofl:

Waahh gusto ko din pag aralan yan kaso front wheel drive oto ko eh!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Reason why evo and sti are boring cars.