New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Dagdag ko lang, there is this myth that the higher a gasoline's octane rating is, "mas madali raw masunog". In truth and in fact, octane rating refers to a particular gasoline's resistance to premature ignition, which is just the opposite. Gasoline with high octane ratings don't ignite readily compared to lower octane gasoline. This allows high performance engines to advance the spark timing, firing before the piston hits the top of the compression stroke, ensuring better combustion and getting the most power per amount of gas.

It's just not true that higher octane gasolines "ay mas madaling masunog". They resist ignition longer, so, in actuality, "mas hirap masunog".

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by viel_dk View Post
    dapat ba na kapag patay ang makina hindi dapat inaapakan ang accelerator pedal para hindi daw magoverflow ang gas, kasi daw pagnagkataon mahihirapan mag start ang makina..yan ang sabi ng tatay ko sakin...
    myth or reality?
    Sa carburator type of engine nangyayari iyan kaya pag lunod sa gasolina mahirap magstart ang makina .

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    may nakapagsabi sa akin na kapag magpapalit ng battery lalo na sa mga sasakyan na may ECU eh magre-reset daw lahat tulad ng numbers sa odometer mo. Is this true?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    question on car care. if meron bird droppings or even simple ulan lang (yung nag gray pag nag dry yung water), i usually rinse them first with water and then later on scrub gently using my hand.

sabi kasi ng friend ko pinakamaganda panglinis ng kotse kamay daw.

totoo ba ito?

next question, how to dry my car after washing with water. what do i use? kasi nung first time i didnt dry it, meron mga puti puti na tumuyong tubig.

please help

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    may nakapagsabi sa akin na kapag magpapalit ng battery lalo na sa mga sasakyan na may ECU eh magre-reset daw lahat tulad ng numbers sa odometer mo. Is this true?
    hindi na rereset ang digital odometer pag tinaggal/disconnected ang battery

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ronallandottk View Post
    Dagdag ko lang, there is this myth that the higher a gasoline's octane rating is, "mas madali raw masunog". In truth and in fact, octane rating refers to a particular gasoline's resistance to premature ignition, which is just the opposite. Gasoline with high octane ratings don't ignite readily compared to lower octane gasoline. This allows high performance engines to advance the spark timing, firing before the piston hits the top of the compression stroke, ensuring better combustion and getting the most power per amount of gas.

It's just not true that higher octane gasolines "ay mas madaling masunog". They resist ignition longer, so, in actuality, "mas hirap masunog".
    Hi octane means that the air-gas mixture will not explode prematurely (knocking) when compressed. higher octanes can be compressed more. more compression = more power.

hi octane does not mean more power on the same engine. unless the engine can have more compression and/or change the timing to take advantage of the higher octane..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by laswoosh View Post
    next question, how to dry my car after washing with water. what do i use? kasi nung first time i didnt dry it, meron mga puti puti na tumuyong tubig.
    just use a good brand of chamois.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    just use a good brand of chamois.
    whats a good brand and where do i buy?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kanebo plas chamois brand at Ace Hardware, Concord, Handyman.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kanebo Plas Chamois brand at Ace hardware, Concord, Handyman
    Last edited by speed unlimited; March 29th, 2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: double post

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Reality check on car-care myths