New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the specs that is being sold to me is a 2.3 model 1988 (coupe) that generates bhp 200 at 6,750rpm and 177 lb ft of torque at 4,750rpm. some say that such specs was produced from 1986 to 1989.

i was also informed that bmw also released an E30 M3 with a 2.5 engine with higher performance ratings in both bhp and torque.

peeps, when was this model released (i.e., what year models) ?

B]are these 2.5's also available here in the Philippines? what is their estimated price range?[/B]

i'll use this info to negotiate a better price with the seller.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The model you are referring to, with the 2.5 liter engine producing 230 - 240 hp (sorry, don't remember the exact number) was called the "Evolution", produced in 1990. Not sure about the Philippines, but I don't think it was ever sold in the US. Rare car.

BTW, bibili ka pala ng M3...congrats! That is one of my all-time favorite cars and one day I will have one to play with (hopefully) :D

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehehe, thanks for the reply M54 (btw, you've got a very nice car already!!!)!

yup, i will take delivery of the car in August as soon as the owner leaves for Canada for good. my wife also also has an E36 320i which we modified just recently (mosselman turbo etc...).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, congrats again! post a review once you've gotten it and driven it around for a bit :D

Re: E30 M3