New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    a. be sure to have your umbrella inside the care at all times
    b. hwag ilulusong ang auto sa malalim na baha,madami masisira
    c. stay tune to AM/FM stations for further details say about the bad weather(typhoon for example),traffic road conditions etc.
    d. check your brake once in a while

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter
    Using your hazard lights while driving would make yourself a bigger hazard because you cannot signal if you are changing lanes or turning. Also to a car behind you, your car would look like it's trying to signal to change lanes which would result in slowing down traffic further.
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    To make their intentions known to drivers trailing them while their hazard lights are on during heavy downpour, they can simply turn off the hazard lights and activate the turn signals before making a move. Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by glntVR View Post
    Don't really agree with you here. For me turning on the headlights will do na.

Btw, my response is to address the "dilemma" presented by ghosthunter. Personally, I don't use the hazard lights during heavy rain.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    To make their intentions known to drivers trailing them while their hazard lights are on during heavy downpour, they can simply turn off the hazard lights and activate the turn signals before making a move. Problem solved.
    Nope. Simply NOT using the hazard lights while in that situation would make the problem solved. That would also make clear to everyone around you that you intend to drive straight if your signal lights aren't flashing and you are planning to turn when they are blinking. What is more simpler than that?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    plan and choose the best route in advance to avoid ending in flood :sharky: :snow:

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    as for me, eto ginagawa ko:

1. pag maulan, syempre slow down na kasi madulas ang kalsada
    2. check wipers kung ok pa ang hagod sa windshields
    3. pag ako running on main roads, distance between vehicles is a factor
    4. check brakes, lalo na pag lumusong ka sa baha
    6. check all your lights (headlights, tail lights, fog lights, park lights)
    7. always check your windshield washers, importante yan
    8. pag may rear wiper ka, on mo kahit sa nasa INT mode lang, lalo na pag nasa expressways na nagdridrive
    9. check tires, kung pwede pa ang traction niya
    10. pag slippery ang kalsada, use 4wd kung may 4wd ka to increase grip

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    1. Make sure tires are properly inflated and has enough tread life on it to be safe on wet roads.
    2. Slow down when treading on puddles as it could cause hydroplaning, especially when coupled with worn-out tires.
    3. Especially on wet weather, use signal lights when changing lanes or direction.
    4. Learn how to maximize the use of the ABS (if equipped) or how to modulate the brake pedal to prevent wheel lock-up on cars without ABS. Remember that ABS allows you to turn the steering wheel even if your whole weight is on the brake pedal to make evasive action possible.
    Last edited by oj88; June 3rd, 2009 at 01:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Pag medyo madilim na at may effect na ang visibility dahil sa ulan, I turn on the park lights. pag lumala pa, i turn on the HL pero at dim.

I do not use the hazzard light during low visibility.

Pag madami ang mist, I also turn on the fog lamps.

Pag maulan, dapat smooth dapat ang acceleration, braking at changing lanes.

Mas madulas ang daan kung nagsisimula pa lang umulan.

leave enough space sa harap to compensate for the longer braking distance.

Malaking tulong for me ang windshield washer solution pag hindi umuulan pero may mist mula sa harapang sasakyan.

Siguradunin na malinis at di malutong ang wipers.

baduy at hindi safe iyong mga nagtatangal ng 1 wiper tapos 1 lang ang gamit.

dapat as usual, tama ang tire pressure.

check the tires kung ok pa ang tire thread depth.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my tips:

- check tires. delikado kung kalbo na ang tires
    - check brakes, brake fluid level
    - hwag dadaan sa mataas na tubig. pag electricals ang tinamaan dyan, paktay ka.
    - dont tailgate
    - run the minimum speed specially at highways. too slow will make you a cause of accident. too fast and you will cause an accident.
    - drive defensively
    - tama sila on the headlights. do not use hazard lights. it will not allow you to communicate your turning intentions properly.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Aside from what everyone has posted, my tip is:

Watch out for/ give way to pedestrians or commuters getting on/off PUV's. They are usually distracted by other things: trying to open/hold steady an umbrella, avoiding puddles or simply trying to cross the street as fast as possible. Umbrellas, hats, parkas or other forms of head cover can obstruct their view of oncoming vehicles. Also, a heavy downpour can affect their hearing - they can't tell if a vehicle is coming or going even if horns are blaring. Pagbigyan niyo na muna. Isipin niyo na lang, nasa-loob kayo ng kotse, naka-aircon may sounds pa. Sila, nababasa at naaabala.

Pero pet peeve ko pa rin yung gumagamit ng hazard. Even international driving rules will tell you not to use them unless your car is a hazard or in an emergency. If your purpose is to be seen, your head & tail lights will suffice. Madalas, parang uto-uto ang ibang Pinoy driver. May isa lang na mag-hazard, may gagaya na rin.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
rainy tips