New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    This video was recorded 2 years ago. I always have confidence when crossing flooded areas with my honda city 2006. Countless of times ive crossed without problems. Ang taas kasi ng air intake nito. hindi ako binigo, at hindi talaga ako natatakot. i was even been able to cross a street where SUV's didnt dare to cross lol. i was just lucky?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6Nf59TtB0"]YouTube- Honda City Flood Ability[/ame]

That same day, our 2007 CRV good hydro locked. My mom was the one who was driving it haha. That day changed our perception with the CRV, we never trusted the CRV when its raining and flooding. Sira ang engine ng CRV. cracked engine, bent conrods. Dont ask how much was the repair hahaha! but i was also skeptical on why hindi kinaya ng CRV, sabi ko impossible. or maybe the water that day was just too deep. lady drivers talaga hehe our kia rio got flooded inside the cabin but no damage, no damage to engine etc.

And now, just a while ago, *******ial rain fell. I was driving again our CRV because i left my Civic FD sa CASA for servicing.

Knowing that this CRV got broke 2 years ago because it engulfed water, i got so nervous crossing the floods!! i was so scared. but finally i made it "alive: lol.

Photos:

after this event, umiingay yung belts ng CRV. nabasa. but i was happy i made it through!

i wonder kung kaya din ba ng FD ang baha? nasaan ba ang air intake nito? also sa CRV, nasaan ba? hindi ko kasi makita yung opening eh. hindi ba sila CAI?

ive seen sorentos (previous model) crossing rivers. i wonder kung ano din capability ng new model.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Had a similar Experience like this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC15iaYpHAs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC15iaYpHAs[/ame]
    but I went through the tailgate instead of the Trunk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    katakot. what was your ride that time? bakit kasi pinilit mo hehehe

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Around 5 years ago I was driving home with my trusty hi-lander. No cars on the street... only a ten wheeler truck. That truck past by me and the water was up to his bumper, the flood water was probably up to my headlight. My isuzu never failed me, not once of my foolish escapades in flood water... hahaha ...

I went to work the next day, without any problems...
    Last edited by blue_gambit; July 14th, 2010 at 10:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    knee deep water for 1 km during Typhoon Frank using my trusty Vitara '92 model. Gusto ko na kasing umuwi coz worried na ako for my family. People were wanting to ride with me just to go home to their families, kaso di ko pinasakay, kasi baka natatakot akong baka maanod kasama ko pa other people, ayokong mangdamay ng kapwa. Tindi talaga ng baha noon. You could search sa youtube on Typhoon Frank (which occured one year prior to Typhoon Ondoy in Manila - Manilenos should have learned from us here in Iloilo coz almost similar din ang nangyari dito).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    ano ba ang importante sa baha? dapat ba hindi lang makahigop ng tubig galing sa intake? so meaning as long as the intake is above the water medyo safe pa?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Yep, to prevent hydrolocking your engine. BTW, your engine electricals need to be dry also (like distributor, starter, etc).

8. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    i see, pero mas sensitive ba yung mga coil on plugs? i dont see any distributors (crv civic and city)

the worst water level i got with the city was when it was almost at the hood. then this trooper on the opposite lane drove fast that created a huge wave. it splashed i even felt the car swayed. after that the engine bay was steaming hehehe.

when i got home i opened the airbox, it was kind of wet. the filter was wet also. but no damage. why?

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    I crossed a waist deep flood before with my fieldmaster. Daming sa ilalim pagkatapos.

Rainy Season Na! Share Your Flood Experiences Here