New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2007
    Hello po. My first post here in the forum.

Last week po kasi, i drove to Ilocos Norte from Baguio at 3AM in the morning and was so glad i spent time putting on rain repellant on car windshields & side mirrors. Somewhere in Ilocos sur, it rained cats & dogs. Lakas ng ulan, ang lakas pa ng hangin. Though it was already 7am, parang 5Am pa rin sa dilim ng daan. At any rate, nakikita ko naman clearly yung daan. Only thing stopping me from driving beyond 70kph was hyrdoplaning.

Question for those in the know, since the product is chemical based, would it have bad side effects on the windshields?

Brands i've tried are: RainX, AutoGard Rain Repellent & Rain Act.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Na-try ko na Rain-x. OK sa umpisa pero after a few use, hindi na smooth and takbo ng wipers. Parang tumatalon dahil dumidikit kahit b-new na Bosch wipers gamit ko.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Yeah. Napansin ko rin yung tumatalon at times pag di kalakasan ang ulan. I use bosch wipers too.

Curious ako if it has any effect on wiper rubber.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    One coat is only good for one wiper use session. After that, you'd have to re-apply a new coat.

Using the wiper will partially remove some portions of the coat. When that happens, the wipers will start to skip and judder.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    *fuego & kulaog: same as I've experienced that for years. Sa una, maganda pa glide & slide nung wiper, pero pagtumatagal na, ayun na pumapanget na kamot, kakairita yung tunog.

Para rin kasing principle & concept ng 'grease stripper' yan eh, pag-inapply mo sa plato, then scratch it by fingers, may resistance di tuluy-tuloy yung glide, ikanga di smooth (like sa mga commercial). So I think that causes it (wiper) to skip.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    so pano mareremedyohan ung talon ng wipers? kc ganyan din ung case sa corolla ng frend ko. oo nga, nkakairita, ang ingay sobra ng wipers nya. nagsstall pa minsan dahil dumidikit midway thru the wipe. kahit palitan ng bago wipers, nag sskip and jump pa rin....

TIA

7. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by aldrizz View Post
    so pano mareremedyohan ung talon ng wipers? kc ganyan din ung case sa corolla ng frend ko. oo nga, nkakairita, ang ingay sobra ng wipers nya. nagsstall pa minsan dahil dumidikit midway thru the wipe. kahit palitan ng bago wipers, nag sskip and jump pa rin....
    are you attributing your friend's wiper probs to the rain repellant prods (assuming your friend's used them before)? if so, i suggest thorough cleaning of the glass or having it polished...hth

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Considering the benefits in using the product, the wiper judder/skips are some things i can live with. Ang laking tulong kasi kapag umuulan or bumabagyo coz i can see better. Main concern ko lang is, di kaya nakakasira sa windshield in the long run? Been using it for more than 4 years.

Edit: Mas ayaw ko nga yung walang repellant na parang nagmemelt yung water on the windshields pag malakas ang ulan. Hindi mo makita yung daan. A friend of mine said, try ko rin daw 3M wax on the windshield. Same effect rin daw but never tried that one yet.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    was following this thread kaso hindi nabanggit kung ano ang pinaka -ok na repellant na di makakaapekto both sa windshield and wiperblade..suggestion naman po...para na rin sa sidemirrors kasi hirap ako pag naka-bead na water dun. TY

pls comment on this...when i was young, saw my dad scrub cigarette whole or butts only during a heavy rain dahil biglang nagstall yung wipers ng oto namin..the effect i saw was nagglide lang yung raindrops at di nagbibeads...any comment po? TY again.
    Last edited by spongee; June 1st, 2007 at 05:19 AM.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kulaog View Post
    Considering the benefits in using the product, the wiper judder/skips are some things i can live with. Ang laking tulong kasi kapag umuulan or bumabagyo coz i can see better. Main concern ko lang is, di kaya nakakasira sa windshield in the long run? Been using it for more than 4 years.

Edit: Mas ayaw ko nga yung walang repellant na parang nagmemelt yung water on the windshields pag malakas ang ulan. Hindi mo makita yung daan. A friend of mine said, try ko rin daw 3M wax on the windshield. Same effect rin daw but never tried that one yet.
    I don't think constant application of the rain repellent (e.g. RainX or Glaco) will eventually damage your windshield. Just like wax or sealant, coating lang yan. Wala siyang abrasives or solvents (afaik). The worst that could happen is that you'll probably get uneven buildup of the stuff if you keep applying new coats without removing the old coat.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Rain Repellant