New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This is a common suggestion every time somebody recommends a certain vehicle. But I haven't done this because I bought my car second hand.

Pardon my ignorance but ... does the dealer allow a new car to be test-driven? Or do they have a "tester" car that they allow prospective buyers to drive? Are they really eager for people to test drive their products? And where do people usually drive the car around?

Thanks for the enlightenment. :D
    Last edited by 7391N; March 15th, 2004 at 08:59 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Some showrooms do have sample units available for test driving purposes. You do have to submit a xerox copy of your license to the dealership. Wait for approval then the sales agent will accompany you to the said model. They will alow you to feel the vehicle from driver's perspective. They will allow you to drive within the dealership block.

Though, some high end vehicles sometimes require you to post a cash bond of 5,000-10,000 just to test their vehicle. Which is deductible when you decide to purchase the vehicle.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Originally posted by Ungas
    Some showrooms do have sample units available for test driving purposes. You do have to submit a xerox copy of your license to the dealership. Wait for approval then the sales agent will accompany you to the said model. They will alow you to feel the vehicle from driver's perspective. They will allow you to drive within the dealership block.

Though, some high end vehicles sometimes require you to post a cash bond of 5,000-10,000 just to test their vehicle. Which is deductible when you decide to purchase the vehicle.
    Thanks sir Ungas. I didn't realize there were certain procedures to follow. I was thinking more like ..

Client: " Pwedeng pa-test drive ng bagong model nyo ng Expedition?"
    Dealer: "Oo ba. Pili ka dyan ng gusto mo."
    Client: "Pwede itong itim?"
    Dealer: " O sige. Tara na!"

hehehe :D

About the cash bond... what if you decide not to buy this high end vehicle? Will you still get your 5k-10k back?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yes, I think the cash bond will be returned if in any case the buyer decides not to push thru with the sales. But then again, the sales agent will talk you thru cash rebates, discounts, freebees and other stuffs.

If you happen to deal with a good sales representative, you will be lucky to leave the premises with all smiles and await your next new car. Or rather go-to agent (who doesn't know a thing that he/she is selling) will leave you with a smirked face leaving their premises.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    sometimes may mga dealer din na ready na ang test unit di na kailangan mag bigay ng license....
    i dunno or baka mabait lang ang ahente na nag asikaso sa amin that time....

toyota otis po yun
    way back yr2000
    then naulit po ito nung 2001
    wala rin procedures pag punta tinanong lang kung may text unit na available ...

hth

I test drove a Lynx Ghia (courtesy of Ford Edsa - very accomodating talaga ang Ford on this matters). No questions asked kung may license na ako. Just asked me when and what time I wanted. Almost test drove the Ford Escape, pero I backed out when I realized I couldn't afford to buy it. Kakahiya naman.

Also test drove the Chevy Optra. Ganun din, just asked me when I wanted to tapos on the appointed day, the vehicle was ready for me. (also very nice people at GM Shaw).

Test-rode a Jimny also (GM-Quezon Ave.). Payag sila sanang i-drive ko, pero I wasn't that confident about my driving skills then, kaya taga GM ang pina-drive ko.

Ang napansin ko, mas less accomodating ang Honda and Toyota sa requests for testdrive.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    best if you can do it on a test-drive day... usually at the FORT. Test drove a few cars there already.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    last weekend in honda alabang, when we inquire about their 4x4 crv they offered me to test drive the vehicle. pero last year when we inquire about their civic wala sila pina-test drive sa kin. i guess depende yan sa agent na kausap mo or sa klase ng sasakyan na bibilhin mo.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa ford balintawak, inask ko ung isang agent dun kung pwde i test drive ung rs, umoo naman kaagad! schedule na daw niya ko for test drive, very accomodating talga!.. good tactics to sell cars talaga. hayaan ka nilang mafeel ung ride ng vehicles nila... kc nga malay mo, d mo pala feel ung ride na nabili mo, saka mo lang nasakyan nung nabili mo na dba? sayang nman kung ganun ang mangyayari. kaya their trying to convince you kung ano ang quality ng binebenta nilang sasakyan...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Taken from another forum
    ==================

Abbie here!

I would like to invite everyone to our upcoming event on the 20th-21st of March. I hope that you can all come. (Mods, please move if I'm in the wrong forum. Thanks) Read on!

--------------------

Honda eXcites! A Public Test Drive Event
    (Free of charge! Open to everyone!)

Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. would like to invite everyone to experience the real power and performance of Honda vehicles through a test drive activity on March 20 and 21, 2004 at the Bonifacio Global City.

SCHEDULE:
    March 20, Saturday - 9:00 am - 10:00 pm
    March 21, Sunday - 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
    VENUE: BLOCK 6 and 7 (Beside The Fort's Stopover and Bridgestone) Bonifacio Global City (The Fort) Taguig, Metro Manila

UNITS FOR TESTDRIVE:
    CR-V 4WD and 2WD on an off-road track and pavement surface
    New Civic 2.0 and City 1.3 on a especially made test track.

OTHER ACTIVITIES:

SOUND SET-UP COMPETITION
    Open to Honda and Non-Honda Owners

Date: March 20, 2004
    Time: 12:00 pm - 8:00 pm (Reg:12pm / Awarding:8pm)
    Reg. Fee:
    P100.00 (for Honda owners);
    P200.00 (for non-Honda owners);
    First Come, First Serve

Categories:
    HONDA - City, Civic and Luxury Car (CR-V / Accord) Classes
    NON-HONDA - Budget, Mid-size, High-end Classes
    Prizes: Trophys ang gift certificates from Kenwood, Alpine and Pioneer

BURN-OUT TIRES COMPETITION A Tire Endurance Contest
    Date: March 20, 2004 Time: 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
    Prizes: Tires from Yokohama, GCs, etc.

FREE SERVICE CHECK-UP & DIAGNOSIS
    To be conducted by HCPI's National Service Department and Dealer Service Departments.

RC COMPETITION
    Date: March 21, 2004, Sunday
    Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm PLUS! Booth and displays from Petron Blaze, Yokohama Tires, 3M Scotchtint, Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Kimberly Clark and SC Johnsons (Air Freshener)

For more information, you can reach us at
    directmktg*hondaphil.com
    or
    call us at 0917-500-3278.

Hope to see you all there!
    Last edited by ghosthunter; March 16th, 2004 at 08:13 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Question on test driving new cars...