New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If it is that good of a condition (better than prior to the flood), why sell it?

Use it na lang till it devalues, say mga 10-12 years, then let it go na lang at any price. At least hindi nakakahinayang.

Well, its another thing if you need the money though.

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    kung minsan mas maganda pa talaga ibenta ng di narerepair. di baleng baratin.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Kung di ka naman nagmamadali at di kailangan ng pera, antay ka na lang ng tamang buyer. 50-80k discount would be good enough for a fully restored flooded car. Be honest at Be patient.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Mguy View Post
    If it is that good of a condition (better than prior to the flood), why sell it?

Use it na lang till it devalues, say mga 10-12 years, then let it go na lang at any price. At least hindi nakakahinayang.

Well, its another thing if you need the money though.
    i agree. kung di naman urgent ang need na ibenta, sulitin niyo na lang siya kung 'better than before' naman pala. by that time, hindi na ganun kalaki ang lugi and being a flooded car won't matter much kasi ang tagal mo nang nagamit. it would be easier to convince buyers na wala nang problema.

kung urgent, e di bite the bullet na lang talaga and let market forces decide. but to answer your question, try mo na lang na 50k discount muna. then for sure tatawad ng tatawad ang mga buyers. alamin mo mga presyo nila hanggang mahanap mo yung 'highest possible price' or 'smallest discount amount' na mabebenta mo siya.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dcph172 View Post
    . even if your offering it at 50k discount, id rather pay 50k more for a car thats not flooded.
    best to sell it to someone who knows you personally para maniwala. or better yet, keep the car a few more years. =)
    I'd go with this statement. We also have a flooded Vios 07. It was repaired and is running well... the only part that is still up for replacement by the insurance company is the original Toyota HU due to non availability of stocks. I'm just keeping an eye on the metal bits under the dashboard for rust. If we decided to sell it, it would go for roughly 300K or less on the market versus a market value of a non flooded unit of 400K to 450K.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    if ok naman yung vios then don't sell it. what is the real reason for selling it?

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^

Probably the fear that other problems might pop up soon enough.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hehehe FEAR FEAR FEAR! Love that word, its because of such emotions people make money and people lose money... Yeah seller is fearful, but so is the buyer!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If I were a buyer, I would buy it at close to half the price of non-flooded units. If it goes for P300T non-flooded (should be fair enough for a 2nd hand 2003 Toyota Vios) then P150T to P200T would be my buying limit. My neighbor who had a 2008 Vios sold his for P275T for quick disposal.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Maganda sanang bilhin yan since na restore naman ng casa, although in the long run you wont know if a minor or a major problem might pop-up. Might buy it half the price of a certified non-flooded vios and gonna throw some extra bucks to change parts that shows sign of giving in.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
question on selling an Ondoy car