New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    contrary to popular myth, you should also "break-in" the mid to high rpm zone of your vehicle (4K rpm and up).

just don't do jack rabbit starts though... no hard revving... just accelerate properly without going to the next gear.

you should see how the car's engine is revved & accelerated in ford's plant (in a stationary machine though).

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    contrary to popular myth, you should also "break-in" the mid to high rpm zone of your vehicle (4K rpm and up).

just don't do jack rabbit starts though... no hard revving... just accelerate properly without going to the next gear.

you should see how the car's engine is revved & accelerated in ford's plant (in a stationary machine though).
    papano kung AT? should i keep it in 2 or L para maabot ko yun higher rpm's?

"Most modern car engines are broken in at the factory, before assembly. Therefore the old tradition of breaking in a new car doesn't apply anymore. Just drive as you normally would drive and treat the car the way you would treat anything else of value."

eto mga tol nabasa ko sa wiki. nag-aaply din ba to sa mga currently models ng sasakyan ngyon dto sa pinas?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    When i got my new car off the lot i drove it hard and boostin' alot

But after my first tank i babied it until now except for the occasional stoplight run ins with the ricers :lol:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Factory break-in or not, it certainly doesn't hurt to exercise prudence in driving your new purchase for the next few weeks or so.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Factory break-in or not, it certainly doesn't hurt to exercise prudence in driving your new purchase for the next few weeks or so.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO Kasabihan na lang yang break in para maipasyal at ma-road test. The
    best is gamitin mo ng gamitin properly within the warranty period to exactly
    monitor not only the engine but all the components. Engine wise, revving it
    without exceeding the redline is preferred para mainat.
    Once warranty expires there’s going to be no choice but totally ingatan na
    or else.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by xto View Post
    IMO Kasabihan na lang yang break in para maipasyal at ma-road test. The
    best is gamitin mo ng gamitin properly within the warranty period to exactly
    monitor not only the engine but all the components. Engine wise, revving it
    without exceeding the redline is preferred para mainat.
    Once warranty expires there’s going to be no choice but totally ingatan na
    or else.
    once mag-expire ang warranty pwde ba mag-avail ng extension or renewal? with a fee i guess.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by devdevlin View Post
    once mag-expire ang warranty pwde ba mag-avail ng extension or renewal? with a fee i guess.
    similar to appliances / electronics? i guess none but seriously if there
    is ayos yun. the bottomline kasi after the warranty expires is lahat sagot na
    natin. so dun mag-a-accumulate yung mga stress at ingat na ginawa natin
    while covered pa.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Yung dealership na nagbenta sa akin, they offered me an additional 2-year limited warranty, on top of the standard 3 years. For a fee, of course.

Hindi ko na kinuha, kasi ubos na yung pera ko sa unit, rehistro at insurance pa lang eh.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    papano kung AT? should i keep it in 2 or L para maabot ko yun higher rpm's?

"Most modern car engines are broken in at the factory, before assembly. Therefore the old tradition of breaking in a new car doesn't apply anymore. Just drive as you normally would drive and treat the car the way you would treat anything else of value."

eto mga tol nabasa ko sa wiki. nag-aaply din ba to sa mga currently models ng sasakyan ngyon dto sa pinas?
    yup... ganun na nga.

just don't keep it revving only a certain engine speed... or i-redline mo lagi.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Proper Break-In Procedures