New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Has anybody here bought online from Procarparts.com?? It's a US-based retailer of automotive parts & accessories.

Kasi they have an item I desperately need (reverse indiglo for 97 Accord), and I'm not that familiar with online purchases, especially modes of payment (Paypal, xoom, etc), but I'm willing to try to get that item. Safe ba? And normally how long does it take? Honestly, I've never ordered anything online. Am not too confident kasi of of online transactions, despite the supposed security features

Better yet, baka pwede maki-ride na lang pag may planned purchases kayo? Add na lang ako cash, hehehe (in pesos if pwede)

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    Has anybody here bought online from Procarparts.com?? It's a US-based retailer of automotive parts & accessories.

Kasi they have an item I desperately need (reverse indiglo for 97 Accord), and I'm not that familiar with online purchases, especially modes of payment (Paypal, xoom, etc), but I'm willing to try to get that item. Safe ba? And normally how long does it take? Honestly, I've never ordered anything online. Am not too confident kasi of of online transactions, despite the supposed security features

Better yet, baka pwede maki-ride na lang pag may planned purchases kayo? Add na lang ako cash, hehehe (in pesos if pwede)
    there is a makati-based company that acts as a third party and they will be the one to transact for you. website is http://www.e-2-door.com. personally ive tried them several times already. it is a good alternative especially when the item is not locally available. they have a high markup price but if you are considering bargain sites such as procarparts.com, hindi na rin kamahalan ang magagastos mo. you can pay using your credit card, bank atm, bank deposit, or you can pay cash in their office. if you want more cheaper alternative, try ebay.com and have e-2-door.com transact with the ebay seller.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    silly question but, have you exhausted all local means? Baka meron pa sa banawe or sa evangelista nyan. Hindi madali magpadala ng gamit from overseas especially if its something not that expensive.
    you could also ask a relative in the US to make the purchase for you if you're not that comfy buying online (plus credit card companies over there actually act on customer complaints). You can even have it shipped here in a balikbayan box along with whatever goodies you want

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    silly question but, have you exhausted all local means? Baka meron pa sa banawe or sa evangelista nyan. Hindi madali magpadala ng gamit from overseas especially if its something not that expensive.
    you could also ask a relative in the US to make the purchase for you if you're not that comfy buying online (plus credit card companies over there actually act on customer complaints). You can even have it shipped here in a balikbayan box along with whatever goodies you want
    i beg to disagree sir..its not a silly question.. there maybe a lot of honda accessories available locally but the internet gives you a lot more choices. if you know where to look for, locally priced accessories or parts would end up more expensive than when you purchase it on the internet. there are a lot of bargain items on ebay and dirt cheap even adding shipping cost already.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hehehe, yup, I have searched high and low along Banawe, Rizal, Commonwealth & Araneta Avenues, sa may Pasay-Taft, and even automotive accessory specialty shops, wala talaga akong makita na ganung item. Upod na nga sapatos ko kakahanap. Never been to Evangelista though, I was of the impression na puro tires at mags ang binebenta doon. Yung mga relatives at kaibigan ko naman sa US, mahirap asahan sa mga ganung bilin, busy daw masyado sa work.

*abort_retry: I just visited e-2-door.com's website. Hmmm, pwede! Thanks for the tip.

Procarparts.com