New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Want a hybrid, but with more utility than the slightly impractical five-seat Prius? Well, here's your answer:

Wait for it...

:hysterical:

And if you think it's a mere photo-chop, check out the full-res pic:
    http://rem.alexsark.com/durbo2nr/Car...t/P8190095.JPG (warning... huge)

Note the accurate road and car reflections (on the side of the Prius), and the fact that if you draw perspective lines between the front and rear wheels, they actually match up with the photo's perspective.

Yes... the door really does look that badly made and painted... with the rising belt-line of the Prius, it was either build a funny third door or replace all three.

Stolen from http://forums.motivemag.com/zerothread?id=3401434

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Still think it's PS...

Double fuba antennas?

The reflections are EASILY duplicated simply by using clone tool and vanishing point...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    PS or not it's still a Prius

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Touche! hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Is that one of hollywoods limousine prius?
    iam3739.com

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    accurate din ata ung reflection ng truck headlight sa prius rear bumper..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What really makes me feel it isn't a photochop is that I would've done my best to make the belt-line and greenhouse straight.

Why I feel this is real is due to the following:

1. The really terrible line through the door. In real-life, the Prius has a rising belt-line, and if you move the front and rear doors apart, the lines won't match up. So, if you fabricate a middle door, you have to adjust for the height differences. If this were a photochop, the chopper would have done his best to make the lines completely straight.

2. Accurate reflections and perspective (as previously stated), Yes, you can clone these things, but you have to have a baseline to clone from. And I can find no "artifacts" in the full-sized picture that would have come from chopping.

3. The off-color portion of the door. You can see between the two pictures that the portion that looks off-color (which may indicate photochopping) is exactly the same shade off-color and the same shape in both photos. Which means that the paint is really that bad in real life.

And finally:

4. It's too ugly to be a photochop...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Prius schmius... Give me something with seven seats!