New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Agree. Though I openly despise CAMPI (especially the CBU importers), importers and smugglers because of their natural tendencies to destroy local industries for the sake of profit.....

I admire, Toyota Motors, Universal Motors (CAMPI) and Ford Motors (kahit may kasalanan yan sa Francisco Motors) for doing something for our country....

But for the rest of CAMPI, who only think of earning profits (puro CBU binebenta), the Subic junk smugglers and retailers, Korean junk SUV, Bus, van, car importers and retailers and those importers of used CBU (cars, vans, sportcars, SUV) who are not paying the right taxes to the government......I hope your companies will all go to HADES.......

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --It seems only Toyota Philippines, Ford Philippines and Honda Philippines are serious enough in maintaining their local assembly here.

--Mitsubishi came up with a press release a few years ago stating that it will make the Philippines as their production hub for a new model of AUV or SUV. As it turns out today, they will just end up as nothing more but a pathetic importer of vehicles from its mother company in Japan..kaya di sila mabili sobrang mahal din ng piyesa tulad ng Nissan.

--The rest are just making lip service like UMC and Nissan. I dont know Isuzu.

--Actually with the way things are going, when all the prices of CAMPI imported vehicles ( zero na raw ang local production and assembly) excluding TOyota and HOnda (Ford di kasama sa CAMPI) are skyrocketing, mawawala din sila sa mercado. Sa mahal pa ng piyesa at maintenance. Yung European marque (no local production) sa mga privilege few lang so no existent sa bilangan sa market. Korea vehicles (no production din), saglit lang yan. Low resale value.

--Yung press release ng CAMPI about sales of vehicles madaya yun kasi lumalabas, malaki pa rin ng porsiento na nabentang sasakyan sa PInas, commercial vehicles at AUV. yung mga kotse naman for taxi fleet, servive fleet (rent a car, company car med rep car etc.)Suma tutal, walang pinagbago ang local market.

--Perhaps we Pinoys have to do it ourserves and built our own capabilities and make our country a production hub of local vehicles starting with the Tsikot PHUV, MVPMAP, Norkis, and other native assemblers all over the country.

--We can do it.

--Anyway, I join Toyota and Ford in denouncing the rampant smuggling of junk vehicles to the Philippines which definite destroys any attempt of making the Philippines as a production hub of vehicles in ASEAN.
    Last edited by jpdm; September 14th, 2007 at 08:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by acidboy View Post
    afaik, not the new crv and civics. i think only the city is assembled here.
    The FD Civic is locally assembled.;)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    the philippine government, CAMPI, and others must first prove to foreign investors that they can take perhaps the most complex consumer good (a car) and produce it with extremely consistent, high quality and very low tolerances for error.

otherwise, manufacturers like Honda and Toyota will not risk the reputations they have built over decades. i know they already assemble locally for the local market, but it's another thing entirely to build and export from the same facilities.

remember the famous lemon Civic paintjob? wasn't that the result of poor quality by the local assembler? if that becomes a trend the automakers won't trust our manufacturing facilities.
    Last edited by empy; September 15th, 2007 at 09:18 AM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jpdm View Post
    --It seems only Toyota Philippines, Ford Philippines and Honda Philippines are serious enough in maintaining their local assembly here.

--Mitsubishi came up with a press release a few years ago stating that it will make the Philippines as their production hub for a new model of AUV or SUV. As it turns out today, they will just end up as nothing more but a pathetic importer of vehicles from its mother company in Japan..kaya di sila mabili sobrang mahal din ng piyesa tulad ng Nissan.

--The rest are just making lip service like UMC and Nissan. I dont know Isuzu.
    The Isuzu D-Max is now assembled locally too.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    That will be a very good news!!Thanks to Isuzu!
    But I hope they expand here and put more investments here. Sana they will be chosen as the supplier of powertrain of the MVPMAP PHUV or Tsikot PHUV.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    niky:

i think the government can't give too much leeway to CAMPI because it has signed free trade agreements. i'm not sure if the auto industry is part of that.

i have a copy before of the agreement, but i can't find it.

anyone who has an idea about this?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    --I have a copy of the JPEPA. As I said ang I agree with Sen. Roxas, Madrigal and Legarda...its a onerous agreement. It will destroy whatever is left of our local industries including the auto industry.
    --JPEPA was meant to expand the market of Japan because of the Juggernaut of China and India. Japan wants to maintain its dominance in Asia but at the expense of poor countries.
    --JPEPA, as admitted by one employee of a Japanese Ministry,it made to benefit Japan and not the Philippines.
    --All promises of the agreement are illusory judging from the presentation of the government representatives in the Senate. Business Mirror in its editorial denounce the agreement as one sided.

--So if we want to make our country progressive we should wise up and build our auto industry (its a strategic industry, no matter what others say)
    or re-negotiate an agreement that will mutually benefit both countries and not Japan only.

--Hirap sa Japan, they want survive pero at the expense of other nations like the countries in the ASEAN.
    ---Kaya nag-init ulo ni Enrile sa hearing about JPEPA, parang nang-ba-blackmail yung proponets to force the Senate to ratify blindly n agreement that will signal the death kneel of our moribund local auto industry.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Oo nga no, ano na nangyari sa sinabi ng Misubishi 3-4 years ago that they will start manufacturing local Mitsu vehicles?! May mga bago ngang SUVs pero di naman locally assembled. Liar!!!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ple4 View Post
    Oo nga no, ano na nangyari sa sinabi ng Misubishi 3-4 years ago that they will start manufacturing local Mitsu vehicles?! May mga bago ngang SUVs pero di naman locally assembled. Liar!!!
    Strongly Agree!!CAmPI is a liar, puro lip service!Sabi tutulong sa local industry, sabi kinausap head ng Nissan-Renault para mag-manufacture ng local auv,di naman pala!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Philippines: ASEAN's Car production Hub?