New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ok, alam naman natin mahal ang kotse dito sa Pinas kumpara sa ibang bansa gaya ng USA. Ang talagang nakakainis, mahal na nga, binabawasan pa minsan ng (safety at convenience) features! Bilang consumer, nakakainis talaga pero ano ma susuggest niyo para matigil o mabawasan ang practice na ito?

Dito lang ba sa Pinas ginagawa yung ganito?

actually 1 lang:

tax-break especially sa locally manufactured cars...

financing wont solve the problem, but taxing our vehicles right, tingin ko mu-mura sasakyan natin pa..

ps: kumpara sa ibang bansa, mas mura sasakyan natin dito--compare a sigaporean car to ours, hamak na mas mura..

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    One reason why the manufacturers here have to cut down on safety features, is bec. they have to prioritize bling items such as alloy wheels, chrome strips, etc... I may be wrong to generalize that people here would rather have alloy wheels over airbags or other safety features. In the US, they generally don't mind if their cars come only with steel wheels and hubcaps but as long as they come with all the required safety features.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    ask kolang pano ba nasasabi na binabawasan ang feature?
    diba kaya nga me variant mga sasakyan dahil don sa mga features nayan?
    depende padin talaga sa variant yan though meron silang standard feature para sa lahat.kahit naman kasi yong mga standard variant, pati na yong harness kasi nila sunod lang halos sa specs ng kotse unlike yong mga high end talagang malalaki mga harness dahil sa mga options.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Panay porma kasi mga Pinoy.

Pano mababawasan? Ad campaign lang yan.

Tho un iba naan kasi safety features eh creature comfort na. Lalong nawawalan ng responsibiliy ang driver.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    actually 1 lang:

tax-break especially sa locally manufactured cars...

financing wont solve the problem, but taxing our vehicles right, tingin ko mu-mura sasakyan natin pa..

ps: kumpara sa ibang bansa, mas mura sasakyan natin dito--compare a sigaporean car to ours, hamak na mas mura..
    Yes, alam ko nga mas mahal sa Singapore. Pero mas kaya naman yata nila magbayad. Ang hindi ko alam ay kung binabawasan din ang safety features dun kaya ko binanggit sa USA.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    depende padin talaga sa variant yan though meron silang standard feature para sa lahat.kahit naman kasi yong mga standard variant, pati na yong harness kasi nila sunod lang halos sa specs ng kotse unlike yong mga high end talagang malalaki mga harness dahil sa mga options.
    Some features found standard for various comparable vehicle models in the USA do not have the same standard features here.

For example, my FXT's satnav/LCD screen is missing (replaced with a compartment), Kia Carnivals 6 airbags have been reduced to 1, other models' airbags and/or ABS/EBD systems standard on US base models simply don't exist on OUR base units despite same or even higher pricing for us.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you want more safety features the govt must require those items on all cars. In the US certain features are there because the law requires those items as safety features and not because they are options. Also you have to look at what the market can sustain even with the taxes and the added cost of those features. Is there even a law in the Philippines requiring airbags in cars? AFAIK there isn't such a law.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Safety features are installed in the U.S. because the law requires them, not because Americans love safety. They also love bling and porma but the safety features are there because of legislation.

It's the taxes that are driving our prices up.

In the U.S. its also not uncommon for cars to have steel wheels and manual antennas (de roscas). Even some variants of the Chrysler 300 series are like that. However, these things won't really work well in the local market because those items get stolen easily. Airconditioning is not even standard on all car variants there (over here, even the lowest priced Alto has a/c).

It may sound wierd but I have a soft spot for those 'base model' cars. Their inherent simplicity has a kind of appeal for me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by VtEC View Post
    Thats the reason they have different variants, but most of them vary in trim, wheels, or luxury features. In the RP they have a stripped variant where they take out the safety equipment!!

Delete the safety features? or delete standard items like alloy wheels and body colored/chrome exterior trim? We know what the manufacturers would choose for the RP spec models.

This USDM Civic may look cheaper on the outside, but it actually has more features, specifically safety features inside.

I guess another reason for this is because it became part of the law in other countries to have standard safety features.
    Last edited by AG4; December 15th, 2007 at 01:02 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Paano mabawasan ang stripped-down versions ng cars?