New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    me ionizer sa handyman rob ermita.
    500 regular price n less 30%, so mga 350 na lang. up to nov 30 yung sale.
    ok kya ito? paran cigaret lighter itsura

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    parang gusto ko bumili.hehe. san ba nilalagay toh normally?. i mean sa part ng car?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    sa lighter part. aalisin po yung cigaret lighter n replace mong ionizer

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa really small ones, which are like "extended" cigarette lighter, just plug it in. Pero its good only on small vechicles - rides like a echo or something of the same size (volume).

Get a bigger one if your ride is big....rides like pajero, auv, suv or even pick-up won't benefit anything from a small ionizer. Remember it produces O3 (a very reactive oxygen molecule with three molecules) of if only a small amount is produced and the area is big, then you won't feel the difference at all.

The unit I have is a samsung and its about 12"x4"x3" in dimension. A typical midsize is 6"x4"x2" and the small ones are just like a small flashlight.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    wildthing,

wer did you buy yur unit n how much?

Originally posted by buknoy2002
    wildthing,

wer did you buy yur unit n how much?
    Oo nga wildthing, where did you buy your Samsung Ionizer. I've been using the small one (Benford yata brand) for the City, and sobrang effective siya. But I need a much larger one for the Revo...

Help naman where to buy these. Meron kaya sa HMR?

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    langhya. halos 2k ang bili ko sa O2 ionizer ko. sa shangrila plaza ko kasi binili. original naman siya at effective. para siyang small black box type, mounted sa isang vent ng aircon, then plugged on the cigarette socket.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang ionizer ko na samsung , I got it from P/X club in Clark (taga Angeles kasi ako) way back 4-5 years ago (if im not mistaken) its about US$10 lang nuon...peso equivalent around P400 lang.

I saw one at Grand (also in Clark), kung tama ang alala ko US10$ pa rin (so that's arond P560)....I'll have to recheck the cost and kung meron pang available unit at kung tama ang basa ko sa cost nito.

It was designed pang household use but since it is 12v. I made a cig lighter socket plug so I can use it sa pick-up ko.

That P2K thing is the normal going rate of the ionizer that "looks" REAL. The P350 or less doesn't look real IMO.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    so wildthing do u think that the ionizer i bought is not real? although i have no real scientific test to prove that it works, what i can just vouch for is my senses. on its box, there's photo illustration there, a transparent box w/ the ionizer inside, and full of cigarette smoke. when the ionizer was turned on, smoke was gone for around 15-20 seconds. there's also a return slip there if the product doesn't work, and its just a local address (not abroad).

before my sense testings took, i took my car to BigBerts for total interior detail, cleaning and freshening everything up, neutralizing anything and just leaving a slight wet carpet smell of course its normal due to drying time needed.

when i initially installed it in my car, it ate up an aircon vent since its designed to be placed over one. an ambi pur was placed on a vent beside it. i was thinking to have a nice clean ambiance in car w/ fresh scent. so its been that way. after some time, i read that ionizers don't just remove bad odors, but ALL odors, including good ones. so then on, i removed the ambi pur and used exclusively the O2 ionizer. and thru my smell i can say it works, no smell exists in car when its on with aircon. it even removes smell of perfume. i removed it after a week or so, and exclusively used ambi pur. the smell of ambi pur lasted long compared to when the ionizer was beside it. also, perfume scent tend to stay in the car when parked for some time especially on covered parkings.

when exclusively using the ionizer, on low or no aircon on, i tried to smell the ionizer holes, and there's kinda scent of metallic or something electronic smell emitting from it, like from newly opened appliances (but of course not cool air). when aircon is on and i smell the ionizer vent, its metallic smell diminishes w/ the cool air. this metallic electronic smell is not present when the ionizer is not plugged on the cigarette socket which serves as its switch, meaning this smell doesn't come from anywhere else.

when totally dark and the ionizer is on, there's a very slight dim purple continuous spark on the metal tips of the ionizer which makes me believe that it does something with the air passing there. there's also a very low ticking sound from it, whenever its on and everything is dead silent.

so from there, in my observation, i can say it works. i'd really get ballistic paying 2k for something that doesn't trigger my senses to say that its working.

do the other ionizers here manifest these same behavior?

Originally posted by wildthing
    Ang ionizer ko na samsung , I got it from P/X club in Clark (taga Angeles kasi ako) way back 4-5 years ago (if im not mistaken) its about US$10 lang nuon...peso equivalent around P400 lang.

I saw one at Grand (also in Clark), kung tama ang alala ko US10$ pa rin (so that's arond P560)....I'll have to recheck the cost and kung meron pang available unit at kung tama ang basa ko sa cost nito.

It was designed pang household use but since it is 12v. I made a cig lighter socket plug so I can use it sa pick-up ko.

That P2K thing is the normal going rate of the ionizer that "looks" REAL. The P350 or less doesn't look real IMO.
    wildthing, mag hoarde ka nito, then mag-benta ka sa EB! I'm willing to pay up to P1k for one of these...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
ozonizer or ionizer