New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    di ba usually pag bibili engine oil eh 4 liters.....

Pero hindi namna uubusin lahat yun meron matitira.....

Paano kung inubos lahat.....masama ba sa engine?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    as long as the oil is not over the full mark on your dipstick your ok. Masama kung over filled ang engine.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It depends on the oil capacity of the engine. Not all engines take less than 4 liters of oil, check your dipstick when the engine is cold to see the oil level.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    As long as you're sure you've checked the dipstick properly (level ground, warmed up to operating temp, engine off) and it still reads higher than max, then you should drain a bit until the correct level is reached. In the long term, masama siya, but as long as you drain the excess amount soon then you should be fine.

Otherwise, you're forcing the engine seals to wear more due to the added volume of oil they have to handle.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Kasi pag malamig yung engine yung dipstick nasa max na.....pag mainit na engine eh above max na.... Pero konti lang naman...

Ipadrain ko na?

KAsi di ba pag cold pa engine eh yung dipstick below sa max dapat....pag uminit lang engine doon lang mag level sa max

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Ngek ako me overfill mga half a centimeter siguro, dahil napasaya sa pagbuhos ng engine oil hehehe. Due for oil change naman ako this april thats the time na lang na magdedrain ako . . .

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    I had this surprising experience before when I had my 4M40 change oil.

Since I came into the casa late in the afternoon, we decided to leave the truck hanging overnight at the lift while it drained all the oil. When they started to refill the next day I was surprised that it consumed about 7.3 liters of engine oil .

The mechanic told me that it was not a wonder since the engine was fully drained overnight and that typically 4M40s consume that much - nearly 8 liters! Kasama na daw yung oil for the intercooler daw.

To top it off, he added an extra half liter for good 'allowable' measure.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by suv View Post
    Kasi pag malamig yung engine yung dipstick nasa max na.....pag mainit na engine eh above max na.... Pero konti lang naman...

Ipadrain ko na?

KAsi di ba pag cold pa engine eh yung dipstick below sa max dapat....pag uminit lang engine doon lang mag level sa max
    hmm alam ko dapat baliktad. kung malamig ang engine, dapat mas mataas ang level sa dip stick kasi lahat ng oil nasa oil pan. kung mainit or kakatakbo lang, mas mababa ang reading kasi yung ibang oil nakadikit pa sa cylinder walls, crankshaft, etc. correct me if i'm wrong ha.

also, don't measure sa unang hugot ng dip stick. dapat punasan mo muna then dip uli at dun mo lang tignan kung ano talaga yung level.

as i remember nasa manual na dapat hindi lumagpas sa max level ang lahat ng fluids na ilalagay mo. be it brake fluid, power steering fluid, coolant, transmission oil or engine oil. there's a reason for that so to be safe, sundin mo na lang.
    HTH
    Last edited by coiter; April 4th, 2008 at 01:48 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    I'm no expert but if the oil level is high enough the crankshaft will splash on it creating drag which theoretically increases fuel consumption. Also, at high speeds this constant splashing aerates the oil (forming bubbles) and this is bad if the engine circulates oil with bubbles. Best to keep the oil level at exactly the max level of the dipstick.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    if over fiil ang oil magiging sluggish ang engine due to additional load and kailangan din ng konting space for oil expansion pag uminit na ito. at maaaring magdeveloped ng pressure at mag leak ang mga gasket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Overfilling the engine by half liter- bad?