New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i've searched previous threads re. halogen bulb but medyo konti ang

comparo bet OSRAM silverstar and PHILIPS vision plus considering the

same wattage. i'm currently using my stock again after busting one of

my super white. can i hear some good characteristic bet the 2?

all weather (NARVA, OSRAM and PHILIPS) is also my second option.

TIA mga sirs.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The H4 +50 bulbs from the big four reputable European bulb makers (Philips VisionPlus, Osram SilverStar, Narva RangePower+50, Tungsram Megalicht) are functionally identical. When we pick ten samples of each and put each one through photometric, optical comparator and life tests, there's a very narrow range of performance and life differences, and those differences are randomized among the four brands.
    http://danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

3. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    price wise, mas mahal ang all weather bulbs...

im using visionplus right now..ok naman, pero medyo mahina na visibility pag basa na yung road (especially on asphalt)

dati din i was using silvervision, same findings as above.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    silvervision? diba pang signal lights lang yun. silvervision bulbs are amber bulbs coated silver which are used for clear signal lights.

mas mahina visibility ng superwhites than all weather bulbs on ashphalt

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i've experienced fuses blowing with other super white bulbs, especially those saying 55W input then a higher output. nasolve problem ko when i switched to philips. sana nga ng philips na lang agad ako in the first place para di dumoble gastos ko. i got the diamond vision, ganda ng color. wa kwenta nga lang pag umuulan, wahahaha

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    I have Silverstars on my Lexus, both headlight and fogs and they work great.

Tried and true.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Currently using Silverstars on my headlight. They are 1 year and 3 months old and still working. Big improvement over the stock Philips bulbs on light intensity. I haven't used the Philips Vision Plus though so no comparison between the two.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    OSRAM silverstar, bit whitish than stock but not as damn super whites,

stock wattage and better light throw, good for city driving

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I like this thread, because I'm also in the option of replacing my stock headlights, not busted but feel like the beam has degraded. About the headlights, I mean the bulb perse degrades its illumination overtime? (Don't worry about the lens and reflector, they are in good and excellent clear condition).

Right now I'm leaning towards using Philips Vision Plus, 'yon kasi madalas ko nakikita and it costs PHP850. Eto 'yong may parang stripe na blue sa tip niya.

OSRAM silverstar VS Philips vision plus