New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    Wrong. You go after the source, which includes people who bring video cameras inside theaters.

Never mind if Mr. de los Reyes had no idea what the Transformers was all about. Being a journalist, producer and host, and knowing that he'll be needing some footage for his TV program, he should have coordinated with the film's distributors and made arrangements beforehand.

He could have spared himself a world of pain with a little foresight and common sense.

Melodramatic Mr. Sarne needs to realize that there are better ways to promote a movie, other than bringing a video camera inside a theater and filming "a couple of minutes' worth" of footage. And yes, for Pete's sake, what has this got to do with GM's image? Mr. de los Reyes' invitation was from GMPh, but only to screen and write about the film, not capture it on videotape. Hindi na nila sagot ang katangahan niya.

What exactly is wrong with that? I don't think they made the Transformers movie out of charity.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    We have to consider that this article was written by a friend of the "victim". For all we know the supposed events were exaggerated. We all know how media people abuse their "authority". They are even sometimes more arrogant than the police.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Cause of his actions = BAD
    Last edited by HyBrideVo; July 11th, 2007 at 06:29 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The guy's wrong, pure and simple. No cameras mean no cameras. If he want to be an idiot for not observing that simple rule, then he deserved to be treated like one. Selina overdid her bit too. She should've just let the cops do their job and let it be.

But personally, I think what she did is a tendency I've observed in most Pinoys including myself* (sometimes) and my wife: the tendency to hit back, to get in the last word, to chastise, to put down. We're never satisfied to just let it be.

Sorry to generalize. But I'm trained to observe what's there, what's not there, and trends. I've seen this tendency way too often where I am, where I've been, and even here in this forum.

If the journalists (who are Pinoys, of course) decide to use this incident as an excuse to be subjective and hit back at GM, then that just reinforces what I said here.

My 2 cents....

* 9 out of 10, I successfully fought the urge to do so
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; July 11th, 2007 at 07:07 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tsk..sinabi na nga bawal eh....simpleng rules and regulation hindi sumunod..kaya hindi umunlad ang pilipinas...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    This incident has validated what I've always suspected about Ron delos Reyes: He has a peanut for a brain.

I guess Auto Review wouldn't be featuring any GM cars for the meantime, unless of course they make amends to Mr. delos Reyes. And forget about this Sarne guy. IMHO, he writes crap.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Parang nilagay lang yung GM sa article as 'revenge' for what had happened to delos Reyes. Which is pretty stupid because what happened was entirely delos Reyes' fault.

It's really no secret how biased and politicized our so-called 'motoring journalists' are. The article mentioned is just another proof of that.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. FrankDrebin Guest
    Hehehe.

Kayo naman, basta't kasama ka sa MEDIA lalo na yung reporters, commentators, etc., ikaw ay isang UNTOUCHABLE.

Mali na nga yung ginawa nung kasama nila, itinutuwid pa.

Kudos to the guards and the management!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    e diba kulelat naman talaga GM dito sa pinas

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    parang kuyog pala ang mangyayari pag nagkataon na i-boycott ng motoring journalists ang GM which is unfair and damn biased. idinamay na lang sa stupidity ni Ron Delos Reyes ang nangyari

Buti pa iharap na lang ng GM si bumblebee at jollibee pag kinuyog sila :peace:

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Optimus Prime would have been furious (by V. Sarne)