New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The Zuk is a good idea also. Almost as capable as the 40 series but less expensive (units go for sub-100k).

I test drove tebs' Sammi. AFAIK, it had a/c and audio. I just can't recall if it had PS.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ahhhh... Sammy! Crush ko rin! (memories of panty-flashing Annie from Shaider... )... not a bad choice of coding vehicle... buy a basic one for cheap, then spend the next few months modding the heck out of it!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by swordsman View Post
    If you're to choose a coding vehicle but prefer the old school/classic type, which will it be?
    • Muscle car (mustang, camaro, etc)
      Just the hardtop/coupe, as the Fastback is insanely priced
    • Landcruiser BJ40
      Most versatile among the choices, but probably has the harshest ride.
    • Superbeetle/Karmann Ghia
      Not much KGs being sold. Superbeetle goes for around 75K to 200K, depending on condition.
    if its strictly amongst the three choices here, i'd pick the KG. i'd like it to be as close to stock as possible. super kinis of course

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    swordsman are you part of the egroup ba? sayang you didnt go to the EB last night, looking at that fastback and hearing the growl of a v8 would have decided it for you hehehe

personally, since you are going to spend on restoration anyway, spend it nalang on something youd want to keep for a long time. for me, this narrows it down to either muscle car or superbeetle. you could also go with niky's suggestion, a 240z.. gusto ko rin nyan e hehe
    now if you are a hardcore offroader, the bj40 is the way to go. bangis nga ng dating nyan but as has been stated above, the asking prices are kind of stratospheric hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper View Post
    Land Cruiser!! Ginagamit lang sa pang-groceries..

Ang ganda nila.. Starstrucked ako..hehe

Okay na sa akin to pang-coding.. Sanay naman ako sa harsh ride.. basta wag mo lang ako papapuntahin ng Baclaran, Quiapo or Divisoria..hehe
    ah eto ba yun land cruiser bj40. I used to drive my lolo's land cruiser na katulad na katulad nito. modified. big 4x4 tires. elevated. green color. drove it for more than 2 weeks sa school bec. my pesky younger brother borrowed my samurai. he wrecked our civic.

eto lang masasabi, the samurai is bad enough to drive. but this one, made me feel na hindi talaga ako peyborit ng magulang ko! parusa to the max!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Given the choices above, I'd go for the Beetle. I'd go for a Kia Pride if it were included as an option.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    The Zuk is a good idea also. Almost as capable as the 40 series but less expensive (units go for sub-100k).
    Hmmm. But then, aside from being just a coding car, i'd like something na could hold its value, at least for a while. How are Zuks depreciating?

Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    ... or, within your budget, how about a 240Z?
    Haven't seen much of them na up for sale, and haven't read/heard much feedback on the cost of acquisition and ownership. But yeah, that's something to consider as well, if ever i come across one.

Quote Originally Posted by zman View Post
    Given the choices above, I'd go for the Beetle. I'd go for a Kia Pride if it were included as an option.
    Hehe...forgot to add sa 1st post na i'd also like something na it would keep its value for some time, and something of a classic/old school(at least in my view). Kung simply coding car lang talaga sana, dami dami choices from kia pride to older nissan cefiros

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    ah eto ba yun land cruiser bj40. I used to drive my lolo's land cruiser na katulad na katulad nito. modified. big 4x4 tires. elevated. green color. drove it for more than 2 weeks sa school bec. my pesky younger brother borrowed my samurai. he wrecked our civic.

eto lang masasabi, the samurai is bad enough to drive. but this one, made me feel na hindi talaga ako peyborit ng magulang ko! parusa to the max!
    baka pawis steering pa yong BJ40 ng lolo mo sir, lalo na with those big tires if ever, BJ40, definitely would have power steering installed if the tires are big.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    swordsman are you part of the egroup ba? sayang you didnt go to the EB last night, looking at that fastback and hearing the growl of a v8 would have decided it for you hehehe

personally, since you are going to spend on restoration anyway, spend it nalang on something youd want to keep for a long time. for me, this narrows it down to either muscle car or superbeetle. you could also go with niky's suggestion, a 240z.. gusto ko rin nyan e hehe
    now if you are a hardcore offroader, the bj40 is the way to go. bangis nga ng dating nyan but as has been stated above, the asking prices are kind of stratospheric hehe
    Chip, yup member na ko ng egroup, kaya lang medyo busy kaya di nakapunta sa EB. Muscle car nga sana, V8, (69 Mach 1?..hehe), kaya lang mahirap na nga maghanap ng maganda/running unit, nag-skyrocket pa prices nila lately, lalo na mga 67-68 Fastbacks.
    Ikaw yata nagtanong kay slim-ding about restoration of a 240z sa kabilang thread, kakatakot nung possible cost

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    240Zs are rare, but if you hunt, you can find them. I last saw one for under 100k, but it needed a full strip, rust removal and body-reinforcement, and it needed an overhaul, badly.

Still, I really wish I'd bought it, if not for myself, for an uncle who'd have given it the restoration I couldn't afford for myself.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Old school coding vehicle. Which will it be?