New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    You are not just buying a car but also a peace of mind.. When you buy a flooded car are you sure it won't stop in the middle of the highway due to possible electrical problem?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    my flooded brand new civic's salvage value is 358k, bought by a casa manager. i say its a good buy for him because of his expertise and line of work. insurance is void but he can do something about it.

if your not knowledgeable about cars, better to buy one that is not flooded.

insurance paid 527k, declared as a total loss.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    kung ako lang naman, at may budget ako, bili na lang ako ng brand new. =)

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I depends on the unit, the cost, and how damaged it was.

But for me, at the right price, yes, they're ok. Project in the making? hehehe

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Thats the spirit, Otep. If "adventrous" ka and mechanically inclined and rock bottom ang price why not. Pero for the first time car buyer, beware.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    Thats the spirit, Otep. If "adventrous" ka and mechanically inclined and rock bottom ang price why not. Pero for the first time car buyer, beware.
    ok lang kung ibuy and sell mo din...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung mga old school diesel na half or one third ng 2nd hand selling price niya, I'd go for it. pero kung highly dependent sa electronics, no thanks.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Expect the car to be unreliable at the worst possible times.

Why buy someone else's problems?

What good is money saved in buying a cheap (flooded) car when you are stranded in the middle of a highway and late for an important appointment?
    Because flooded cars are at rock bottom price.. and if you know what to do replace all parts sooner or later would give up like alternator, rewire, computer box etc.. thats why only people knowledgeable in cars would be interested. Usually they buy this for project car/toy car..

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    no way...i rather go for the second hand units than those flooded ones..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    bro, pinasok na ng tubig yan. hindi ako magtataka kung may kakalawangin na pyesa dyan na pwedeng madurog kalaunan...ng hindi mo malalaman kaagad.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Is it ok to buy flooded cars?