New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Guys help nman dyan, baka familiar kayo sa way going North... dis is my first time to drive kase going north... any advise para makarating doon safely.

thanks

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzonne79 View Post
    Guys help nman dyan, baka familiar kayo sa way going North... dis is my first time to drive kase going north... any advise para makarating doon safely.

thanks
    OMG, 1st time mo mag drive sa north, all the way to Vigan pa? That's a looong drive ha -- mga 8-10 hours! Just head on out toward marcos highway but keep on going instead of turning right. Be careful of trikes, kuligligs, and especially fatigue!
    Last edited by pup2; December 18th, 2007 at 09:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    on your way, kng marating mo ang town ng sta maria ilocos sur, mejo nakakalito ang daan ksi pa -Y na sya. afaik, malapit sya sa elementary school. dun ka sa left dumaan. sundan mo lang yung hi-way, dadating ka rin dun.. kng alanganin, just ask for directions.. mababait kming mga ilocano hehehe... Happy trip bro and safe journey!!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i suggest that you get yourself a map. madali lang naman ang byahe papuntang north. dere derecho lang yun

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by weremanok View Post
    i suggest that you get yourself a map. madali lang naman ang byahe papuntang north. dere derecho lang yun

This is the best advice! Get a map and plan out your trip. I envy you!!! No need to hurry. Stop at La Union enjoy the beach. Go to Vigan then head straight to Pagudpud - I have always wanted to do that trip.
    Goodluck and stay safe

goodluck sa trip..longanisa ha :P

dapat condisyon talaga ang sasakyan..

Quote Originally Posted by bobzonne79 View Post

thanks
    Just follow the NLEX then exit in Sta Ines, Mabalacat straight until you reach Tarlac City then straight until you reach Urdaneta City, Pangasinan then straight until you reach Sison, Pangasinan. You'll see a road going Kennon Rd. but take the left road intead until you reach Agoo, La Union, San Fernando City La, Union then straight until you reach Candon Ilocos Sur, then straight until you reach the town of Bantay Ilocos Sur, then turn left to reach the town proper of Vigan City. It's so easy just follow the major hi-way (Mc Arthur Hiway) where the big bus are passing. More or less you'll be travelling 7-8 hrs. Good luck and safe driving.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    ... if the 8 ~ 10 hour drive from Manila to Vigan is too long for one driver ... and a car full of kids ; please recommend a good place to break the journey and stay overnight.

thanks.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    road construction ongoing in the following ilocos sur towns:

candon
    santiago
    san esteban
    sta. maria

traffic slowdown is expected in those places especially during daytime.

Quote Originally Posted by bayonic View Post
    ... if the 8 ~ 10 hour drive from Manila to Vigan is too long for one driver ... and a car full of kids ; please recommend a good place to break the journey and stay overnight.

thanks.
    You can have your overnight in Baguio via kennon road then go down via naguilian rd.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Off to Vigan this Holiday