New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Pasensiya na po sa questions ko...

1. Is there such a thing as a "sunblock" for cars? My old '96 Corolla XE(which was given to me January of 2001) developed cracks on its paint job and I'm thinking that the cause is its all-day exposure to the sun (my parking at work is pretty much exposed).

2. I'll get rid of the '96 Corolla XE (mileage is approx 140K) in a few days time... In its place will be a '96 Civic LXi (mileage is approx 70K). Am I getting a good deal here? Any tips in maintaining a Civic?

Thanks in advance! :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1. religious ba yung maintenance mo ng exterior ng car mo, e.g. regular wash, wax, detailing, etc?

2. ang pros ng corolla is tried and tested na matibay and reliable, madaming pyesa lalo na sa ae101 body tulad ng sayo. sa civic naman, daming aftermarket parts and tibay ang underchassis. not bad din ang fuel consumption nya. cons ko lang sa honda is mahal ang mga pyesa nya.

mga gurus, correct nyo nalang ako kung mali ako.
    peace! 8)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a) i think that the sunblock that you are talking about is wax. tama si ssaloon, dapat religious ang maintenance ng car paint, which includes, regular washing, about twice a month waxing and some detailing, if you can afford it.

b) if i were you, i will keep the corolla. parehong year lang naman eh. although 1500cc, 16 valve yung lxi as compared to the 1300, 12 valve the corolla, but there are advantages which go to the corolla, in which, as ssaloon mentioned, yung cost ng spare parts and i think mas matipid pa rin sa gasoline yung corolla. advantages for the lxi, which i stated above (engine specs) is also a high market resale.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    kung ayaw mong sumakit bulsa mo sa maintenance, go for corolla. mura ang piyesa at readily available.

but if u can afford to maintain a civic (na mahal ang mga piyesa), why not?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In addition to what the guys have mentioned, you might wana to give the lxi a thorough inspection since you're getting it 2nd hand.

Baka daming kailangan paayos pa (despite the mileage) such that you'd be better of keeping na lang your XE.

Gian

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paint cracks is really inevitable kung laging under the sun ang car mo sa parking lot. Try painting your car with urethane...mas resistant ito sa sun exposure than acrylic paints.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang ppg and dupont ba is urethane or acrylic?
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Thanks for your advises so far...

Teka... here are some more details: I am suppose to swap my corolla(plus 90K) with the civic(owned and carefully maintained by my brother). My corolla needs a new paint job and has a dent at the back, tail lights needs to be replaced and I also think it needs some under-chassis work, while AFAIK, I don't need to do anything to the civic (except for the usual tune-ups and preventive maintenance routine).

Is it a fair deal? Or do I keep my corolla and just have it fixed.

thanks in advance (ulit)

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    brother mo naman pala eh, hingin mo na lang civic nya.... j/k lang :arrow:
    will he sell your corolla too?
    imho, medyo malaki-laki pala gagastusin mo sa pagpapaayos ng corolla eh. ok na yung deal.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi yung ppg is urethane

yung dupont,
    may acrylic and urethane

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Newbie questions