New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Hi! I just got signed up here a few minutes ago. I really like how cool this site is. Anyways I'm a newbie here and also when it comes to cars. Now, I'm your typical 19 year old . . . but instead of crusin' in a Honda (like most other kids of my age usually do) I'm basically stuck with this 1983 Lancer box type. Dad doesn't seem to want me to sell it nor shelve out cash to get me a new one. haha. . . anyways, i'm here seeking some tips on preventive maintenance and basic car care... coz all i know are as follow: (change tyres, engine belts (aircon/fan) and basically wash the thing) plus can anyone give me a GOOD reason my dad is still KEEPING this thing? Thanks, peace out and more power to all of you.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome bluboy...pag may tanong ka tungkol sa maintenance, gawa ka lang ng thread sa Workshop section...

baka may sentimental value sa dad mo iyang box type lancer...gwuapo naman iyan basta well maintained...just keep it clean and simple...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Welcome..Bluboy16... tsikot.com is the right choice when it comes to automobile topic , issues and concern.. Just like me,,,whenever I have questions in mind with regards to my ride.. tsikot.com is my first choice to raise my concern.. and so far..the response is very positve..

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Welcome to tsikot, bluboy16!

As chieffy said, the car may hold some sentimental value for your dad. And of course, older people say that the cars made back then are tougher and a lot more reliable than today's wheels. It's no different with cellphones; some say that the older Nokia 5110 is a hardier phone than a lot of newfangled models out in the market today.

I have an older officemate who used to own a box type Lancer. Really loved the car, says that the engine never stalled when he once had to go through a knee-deep flood. I believe he still regrets the day he sold that car.

Anyway, you'll never know when your ride will become a classic, especially if it's maintained properly. And in case you didn't know it yet, Gran Turismo 4 on the Playstation 2 actually features a Lancer box type as one of the cars you can select within the game. Just goes to show you how that model is still respected and revered by car aficionados.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; May 19th, 2005 at 12:12 PM.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    wel come ...bro .blu boy...ok dito ...mas una ko pa nga mag open ng website na ito kaysa mag tsek ng Email ko ...dami ka matutunan....lalo na about sa car care......or ...anything under the sun ..mababait pa mga moderator dito ...

about sa box type nyo ....baka masyado malalim ang pinagsamahan ng dad mo at ng box type nyo...sentimental value ika nga .....enjoy mo na lang muna ride na iyan basta..well keep sia..

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    welcome .. the box type is a classic ... gimik car siguro ng erpats mo yan dati ... date car kasi yan dati ... yung tipong habang umuulan .. tumutulo pa yung bintana ... tapos ... sasaksakan mo ng power tapes ni ric sigretto at james ingram .. siguradong sasagutin ka ng nililigawan mo ... patok! ... kung ma-restore mo yan ... tapos pakita mo sa teacher mo ... naku ... baka maging nostaligic bigyan ka pa ng uno or A+ ...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    GSR ba yan, ayos na ayos yan kung GSR

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    1. Be content with what you have. 90% of 18 year olds take the bus or jeepney.

2. Try to learn as much about maintenance as you can, and if possible do most of them yourself. You will learn a lot.

3. Learn how to handle rear wheel drive. Very few your age know how to.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Welcome to tsikot.com!! Ingat ka. used to be a lurker here. maaadik ka kaka-post.hehehe

yeah mukha ngang sentimental reasons kung baket ayaw i-let go ng dad mo ang auto. besides, if it's still in good condition i don't see any reason kung bat kelangan ibenta. pedeng vintage na yan. Ingatan mong mabuti. malay mo may reward dad mo sayo pag grad mo hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    welcome..!..aba..sikat yang ganyang lancer nong kasikatan nyan..nakikisakay lang ako sa anak ng bos ko non pauwi sa pasig kasi don naman ang way nya sa c5 to proj 2..
    ..hayun kwentohan habang matrapik..mahilig din kasi sa mga imported na perfume at me hitsura naman at syempre dalaga pa sya noon..hehehe..ala lang..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Newbie here...