New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    april_ryan,
    text me ha if u decide to get a car na, buy my galant. wala ka na isesetup sa porma. oks na. sounds nalang. kung marunong lang ako post ng pic, ginawa ko na......

Any feedback on the Suzuki Jimny? Been looking at the threads, haven't seen one devoted to it.

To the mods,

I've noticed a good number of related threads, all about helping people find the appropriate cars - buying a new car, the P500T thread etc, recommended entry level cars - maybe we can list all of these threads in one topic (message) and make it sticky or something. Just a thought.

ako nag start kasi ako drive when i was 2nd yr high, pero i drive an old nissan sentra (w/c became my first car)....diesel sya kya very easy control ang clutch, compared to faster gasoline cars. Then followed with a kia pride cd-5, very small compared to the sentra, pero very agile, lalo na sa traffic. by that time, ok na ako sa driving ko, so i then pinasahan na ako ng honda accord vti na 96. until now i use the kia for driving around near areas lang, ung honda ang highway cruiser ko......in my opinion, d best ang kia pride....lalo na kung may power steering....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I agree with the majority..na u shud buy a sedan since pick-ups are long..and u'll be uncomfy with it...pero as long you can maintain a 2nd hnd car then go for it...mdyo pricey eh..lalo n pag may sira ung car na nakuha mo..pero kng gus2 mo trouble free..Bnew kunin mo..

5. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    April,

Ako agree ako kay macky at kay kimpoy. Bagong kotse na lang ang bilhin mo. Kung me problema e may warranty pa. Kung mabangga ka naman e puwede sa casang accredited ng insurer ipagawa kasi kung bago e comprehensive sigurado ang insurance mo. Ipon ka pa ng kaunti para madagdagan ang 500k mo dahil may mga bago pa na malapit lang dito ang price.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Of course, new cars will be much more reliable than 2nd hand in the long run. They may be almost twice as pricey, but you still get your money's worth. Also, cars are easier to drive and park than pick-ups. I should also recommend that you get an automatic first, but it's also ideal to get used to a manual.

For new cars:
    -Corolla Altis 1.6 is great and reliable, but you might have a hard time coping up with its drooping front nose.

-Lynx is more like a girl's car. GSi will do, but get the Ghia if you want the extra features.

-The new Lancer is also a nice alternative. Get the MX!

-Any BMW!

For 2nd hand cars:
    -Corolla GLi, the easiest and cheapest to maintain in the 1.6-liter segment. Corolla XE also has power steering but no automatic transmission option.

-Civic SiR, if you want great speed. The previous Civic LXi and VTi models are also of good reliability, but parts are not as cheap and abundant as Toyotas.

-The previous model BMW 316, a bit slow and expensive to maintain but seriously fun.

To all who recommended buying a brand new car,

Many thanks for your input. I'll take that into account. I'm a bit hesitant about buying a brand new car, mainly because I don't have enough money for it and saving up would mean waiting for a longer period. The P300T (more or less) which I have earmarked for my car will be from a "soft" loan from my parents, which I hope to pay when able, without too much pressure.

Buying a brand new car would mean using that money as downpayment. Meaning, of course, that I'd owe my parents AND the bank (for the balance). Parang nanghihina ako just thinking about it. :lol:

Buying a brand new car would also mean a new dilemma for me. Which to buy, and should I settle for the lowest priced model or go for the ones with more features?

8. Jj is offline Verified Tsikot Member
    I would get a Corolla 1.6 Gli(98-2001)

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    "Buying a brand new car would also mean a new dilemma for me. Which to buy, and should I settle for the lowest priced model or go for the ones with more features?"

Believe me, when you start talking about owning a car, there's no limit to these types of dilemmas. :D

For brand new cars (the affordable ones, that is), I sort of like the Ford Lynx and the Jimny both of which I think can be had for less than P600T (at least for the Ford 1.3 variety).

There is a dearth of reviews on the Jimny, except for the mini-review at motioncars, which basically recommended the lynx and the honda city instead.

The Lynx has pretty good reviews all around (in this site and other web sites which conduct test drives), but people whom I ask seem to have a bad impression of it (sirain etc). Maybe from previous models?

All other cars (the Altis, the Civics etc), though great, are a bit out of my price range.

Oh well. I really appreciate your suggestions so keep 'em coming.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
New Driver - Recommended Car?