New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hi. i guess by now people have noticed the dawn of the mini/city cars (as we would call it here in the UK) in the philippines. they are starting to get popular ive heard. you now have the picanto, getz, aveo and whoops....that's it. you cannot count the jazz and matrix because they are of diferrent class/category of cars. now if only they will try and get in the micra (from nissan), new colt (from mitsubishi), fiesta (from ford), 2 (from mazda) new yaris (from toyota) then perhaps filipinos will have better choices then isn't it? my money's on getz, micra and fiesta as they have the most good reveiws here. (check out www.whatcar.co.uk) this letter is not just to get comments and sugestions but also a call to those car companies to start re-thinking and get those cars over here. big AUVs and SUVs are not the future. mini cars are!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    here, suvs that run on diesel still have great potential here since we still have shitty roads and floods, even if diesel prices equal gas prices, diesel still gets you better mileage so suvs are still here to stay, but i agree with you, small cars with diesel engines maybe the future as in europe.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    sa mahal ng gaso ngayon, parang gusto ko na mag small car...

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    siguro kapag kasingsikip na ang mga kalsada sa Phil gaya sa UK magiging popular at convenient na ang mga small cars. If I have to choose a small car, it has to be a volkswagen polo.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    The popularity of compact/small cars in europe and some part of America is due largely on the cars as being necessity on that region. Almost all family members on legal driving age has his own car. So why buy a 7+ seaters if only the driving seat will be occupied. Here, a family own just one car which is why we prepare it to be bigger, there might be cultural implication too. Additionally, bigger car is robust for our extreme roads and climate condition. Just my opinion.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I like the lines of Mazda, Hyundai, and Kia lately that they're releasing here. Magaganda most of them :D

If am buying a sub compact, I'll be leaning towards the Jazz. For sedans I'm picking the Mazda 3, mini-Suv/Cuv am going for the X-trail.

However, di pwede sub compact sakin, I do carry a lot of stuff. So it depends on your use of the vehicle. Hybrids would be a nice addition here.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Although small cars still sold more than double than sales of SUVs and Pick-ups, it could have been more if the roads in the Phlippines are better than they are now. Sa amin lang sa DAVAO na iilan lang ang bumibili ng kotse bcoz of the very bad road condition. You have to choose whether you get the more expensive SUVs or AUVs to have a good control of driving or buy the cheaper cars na ma-trap ka sa putik dahil low clearance and front-wheel lang/rear-wheel drive lang!

I think small cars is still a hit. The government just need to improve the roads and highways!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that micra is a pretty cool looking little car. hopefully you guys get it there. i hate the aveo.

new cars for 2005...your comments here!!!