New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    I think I've finally decided what to get (read Purchase dilemma post). I've decided to get a brand new black Altis for my next ride. Really thought long and hard about the bimmer but all things considered, the maintenance expense would just be too much.

So... next question... (sana wag naman kayo manawa sa pagbibigay ng advice) :P

Is the price difference between the 1.8G and 1.6G really worth it? I'm currently choosing between the two variants and need some input on what to get. I'm really leaning towards the 1.8G pero kung di naman worth it, then why pay the difference diba?

Any thoughts on this?

BTW, where can you get and how much yung body kit ng Altis? Yung kasama yung 2 piece chin spoiler, rear chin, and rear spoiler... I think this is the one that comes stock on the Corolla S being sold in the states. Pati narin if you can reccomend a good store sa bandang South that carries a good selection of Rota mags and others. Thanks! :D

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My ninong bought the 1.6G but spend 20+K reuphosltering the seats and sidings to tan leather, ganda parang 1.8 ang loob... He doesn't see the need for the extra displacement, di naman sya hahataw, kakarera, etc... 1.6 suits him fine...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    not considering the engine you don't get the following:

All leather interior
    wood and leather combination steering wheel
    Optitron gauges with Rheostat function
    automatic climate control
    2-DIN stereo cassette and CD player with 6-speaker system.

you can make the interior just like the 1.8G - P20k.
    Optitron? it's just a guage doesn't matter.
    automatic climate control? huuhhh may a/c naman so doesn't matter importante may a/c.
    2-DIN/6 spkr? not a problem... yung sukli na P71k ay malaki na. gawin nating psc 216 na mbq 4 na speaker at just P28k may sukli pa rin pero siguradong mas malupit yung speaker mo ... mb quart reference premium. hoopppss kailangan ng amp para madrive ng husto mbq...hehehe sobra pa rin yata yung sukli.

huuuuhhh cry cry... hindi na kami magkakasya kapag nag-lunch out tayo. pero kailangan makasakay kami sa bagong altis.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Pareng zildjan...

Optitron din yung guage ng 1.6G...
    Di bale... para magdala din kayo ng kotse kapag naglulunch out tayo.
    Medyo lugi na ako sa gasolina sa inyo... laging oto ko.

Theveed: Where did your ninong have his seats made? Re-upholster ba or seat covers lang? And if tan yung seats and sidings niya, pano yun... diba gray yung dash ng 1.6G? Bagay ba?

Need more advice...