New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    iv been wanting to get a car for the longest time but havent found anything that i really want. I found out that mazda was releasing a new variant for the 6
    but its taking forever.
    Im thinkin about the volvo s40 now but not too sure how good this car is?
    any suggestions..
    i saw the 1 series and hate the way it looks.. what do u guys think of the volvo s40??

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    don' t get the s40. volvos have low resale value. plus their service lalo na sa makati stinks. they overprice and overchatge you all the time. you're better off gettng a 3 series na. wag the 1 series. not good i heard and it doesn't come with a spare tire. get a 3 kahit the new body is coming out. 2.1 lang daw yung 318m sport. atleast d mo na need gumastos sa paporma kasi nakasetup na yun.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    just not too keen on gettin a 3 series with the new body coming out...
    1 doesnt come with a spare tire?? not even a donut? thats sucks

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    anu ba hanap mo sa car?.. i mean.. anung prefer mo? porma? bilis? offroad?. hehe. dame kase aspects para pumili.. and budget! :D

So don't you like jap cars? How about V6 Accord?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think there's a poster here who already has a Volvo S40.

Keep in mind though that the S40 shares the same platform as the Mazda3 & Ford Focus.

Saw a few 1-series in real life. Styling sucks IMO especially the side view. The rear reminds me of the Kia Rio.

I'll try to get some info about the Mazda6 2.3L

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Bili ka na lang ng Subaru wrx sti,o kaya lancer evo 8.ok na ok yun.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Subaru Wrx Sti

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Lancer Evo

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Although i've never tried it, my friend at TG gave good feedback on the BMW 1 Series as a personal car (esp. the 120 diesel variant).

It seems that you're inclined toward a sedan... but what's your budget and needs (4x4? mini-SUV, power, space, etc...)?

Outright, given your choice of vehicle you have around 1.5M or more to burn. I'd probably go for an SUV like a Patrol or kung sedan, a used BMW 5 series/3 series or a brand new Honda Accord.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
need help!!!