New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    As for my case, we got the (new) Vios instead of City. You'll see my thread sa Car Comparison.
    reaching 120kph? No problem and can still take more, guess thats VVTI power
    Great suspension and ride. You feel the quality of the car compare to Nissan Sentra GX that we had before this car.

We did had a hardtime deciding between the two though. Congrats to your new ride

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    you spent 660k for an old design people car. parang di worth. in year 2004, my college buddy bought the same body black honda city as yours for 480K lang installment pa.

2 years later binenta nya at almost less than 50k lang sa acquisition nya coz tumaas bigla halaga ng cars in 2k6. the reason nagkaasawa siya ng naka-vios and the wife rarely uses the car.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    if your comparing it with the vios... then id say you made the right choice. parang years ahead ang interior ng city compared with vios. also for me, it has the "honda factor". congrats on your new ride...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    May plaka na ba? baka pwede pa isoli. Upgrade ka to Civic FD.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by hcdangan View Post
    Hi. I just purchased a 2008 Honda City 1.3 IDSI CVT worth 660K. This is my first car and I was wondering if I made the right decision by getting the City. Or do you guys think that I should've bought another model?
    Well, I would prefer to choose the Jazz/Fit over the City. Anyway, enjoy the car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... if that's what you are thinking after you've purchased a vehicle... maybe it wasn't.

It's all in the mind really...

:griin:

bigbigcar.com Review: Suzuki Alto

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    magsisi ka! hehehe. joke lang.

andyan na. so learn to love it. unless kaya mo ngang ibenta tapos bili ka ng bago, mataas naman resale value nyan eh hehe. kaso paglabas mo palang sa casa may depreciation cost ka na agad.

i'm not a honda fan, but if most worldwide reviews say it's a good brand, then i guess it's money well spent. sulitin mo na lang ang gamit. make the most out of the features that come unique with you car (ie. CVT, ULT seats, bigger interior space, etc)

660k? i'd be have chosen between the APV and Avanza to answer MY needs.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your question is supposed to be asked before you buy the car, since you are stuck with it, just count your blessing dude, you have a brand new car, enjoy it...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Well if you’re the type na madaling magsawa, any brand/model would be kasisi-sisi. But the most important is you got it brand new and not all first timers can afford to have one like you do. Congrats to your new ride.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    rule of thumb...
    pagkabili mo dont look back... maraming factors para manghinayang...
    baka di mo pa ma-enjoy tung ride mo...

for a daily driven car, city is ok... fuel consumption and reliability are great...
    you sain that your a new driver so i guess hindi mo naman i-mod for street racing...

so enjoy the first 5 years of the car... mostly pms lang yan at minor fix... siguro when the time comes na meron kang major fixes e medyo marunong ka na sa kotse...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
My first car for city driving. Was my money worth it?