New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Biro lang..

tanong ko lang po..

what are the different factors to consider if a car is a lemon?

what are the possibilities for you to get a replacement of a new car?

what are the things to do if ever your car is truly a lemon car?

:oops:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kiper
    Biro lang..

tanong ko lang po..

what are the different factors to consider if a car is a lemon?

what are the possibilities for you to get a replacement of a new car?

what are the things to do if ever your car is truly a lemon car?

:oops:
    May lemon car lang sa mga state o countries na may lemon law :lol:

To answer your question, dito sa US lemon law varies by state. In CA it's 3-strikes-and-your-out OR a certain # days in the shop. Don't remember particulars. Visit http://www.lemonlawamerica.com/ or http://www.lemonaidcars.com or http://www.autopedia.com/html/HotLinks_Lemon2.html for links/info on each state.

Read your state lemon law very carefully and if you even think you qualify, start a case with the BBB AutoLine *8009555100. This will let dealership know you mean business. 2nd, write some letters and get them to sales, marketing, and as high as you can go in corporate. Try to talk to the local parts and service guru (your dealership's district rep in your area) and see what he/she can do for you. Last but not least .. keep calling .. even if they get mad.. tough .. make them do their job !!!

HTH 8)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kip, locally wala. although you can file a case against the dealer sa DTI tsaka sa courts.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    sabi ko na nga wala dito sa pilipinas nun eh..

badtrip naman pag ganun.. pano pag talagang defective ang unit na nakuha mo..

diba ang car dealers may warranty to replace.. marketing 101.

5. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    I think some manufacturers will fix remedy the situation by changing the parts involved. But rarely will theychange the entire car here. Has anyone heard of this happening?

The worst part is that you'll be stuck without a car for days or weeks (or months?). And you bought a brand new car because you did not want the headaches and problems of a 2nd hand car.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kala ko lemon na ang escape mo! for a second, i was thanking myself that we got a rav4. hehehe... :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    akin nalang auto mo, pang-tequilla :lol:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    malaking factor dyan ang reputation ng dealer. kung mahusay sila, madali lang nilang maayos ang mga problema, but not to the extent na papalitan nila yung car mo.
    Signature

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ironarch
    I think some manufacturers will fix remedy the situation by changing the parts involved. But rarely will theychange the entire car here. Has anyone heard of this happening?
    This happened to my Tito and his '94 Galant VR (Citimotors) waaaay back in 1994. They changed the unit because stains appeared all over the white paint and he got this car brand new... He then got a green unit but problems came out with the brakes. Here they only worked and changed parts of the brakes.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    vinj::: that's good to hear that they addressed the problem agad! sakit tlga ng galant yung brakes nya... daling magwarp!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
My Car is a Lemon...