New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Are you into "eleanor"s?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Eleanor" is the coolest

12 54.55%
  • Am not too hot about "Eleanor"

6 27.27%
  • Who's "Eleanor"?

4 18.18%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    In some mustang forums in the U.S. there are camps for the "eleanor" look and others against. Some say they are great looking and riding cars. Others claim they are overdone to death. What is your opinion on them?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I dont like it because it does not look authentic to the kind of vintage that a '67 Mustang belongs to. For example, the Eleanor kit has this "new" small projector type foglamps (attached only inches next to the main headlights and also on the fiber glass bumper). This certainly looks out of place in a car of this vintage and not to mention the ill-fitting unattractive appearance that it exudes (IMO). Ditto, the bumper, which looks way too modern to the small chrome ones it replaces.

Just a tidbit, I read that they chose the color grey on "Eleanor" so that the color would look nice or pop out especially during darker scenes in the movie "Gone in 60 seconds".

Btw, there is no shortage of these "Eleanor" clones in Ebay.

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Although it has been a bit overdone since the movie, Eleanors have captured almost every 'stang lovers imagination. One of the nice touches that sets eleanors apart from the original GT500's are the relocated/lowered fog lamps and sleeker hood.

Eleanor is a legend and just like any legend, it has its own share of critics.

For sure, it's on my "A" list

For those who have not been familiar with the Eleanor project, the overall look for the car is based on a restore/modification category that's why see the old and new stuff mixed together.

Hers she is....

Last edited by Memphis Raines; January 17th, 2007 at 10:39 PM. Reason: add pic

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    heres some more pictures of one of the real eleonor car that was used for the movie gone in 60 seconds
    enjoy

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's not even the real eleanor...

this is the originl one which i have (body and chasis only) sitting in our garage =(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eleanor_(1973_Ford_Mustang)

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post

this is the originl one which i have (body and chasis only) sitting in our garage =(

got pics of your 73 for the group to enjoy?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GlennSter View Post

The real "Eleanor" is actually a Mustang Mach I not a GT500. Everyone seems to forget that the Nicolas Cage movie is a remake of a movie done by Toby Halicki in 1974 later followed by a part 2 and 3. In the original Gone in 60 Seconds they used a Ford Mustang Mach I. BTW I have both movies and prefer the first one without all the special effects. The chases reminds me of another movie with a Mustang call Bullit.

Here's a link to the original "Eleanor".
    http://www.halicki.com/gone.htm

8. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    The real "Eleanor" is actually a Mustang Mach I not a GT500.

This is interesting.

To the group - which Mustang model do you think better deserves the title of Eleanor?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Popular opinion has a way of winning out over fact in the end.

Take for example the Boston Celtics. It should be pronounced Kell-ticks but the whole basketball loving world pronounces it Sell-ticks.
    Beta vs VHS.. beta was clearly superior but lost in the format wars.

My money's on the 67

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The car is okay but only if its an original GT-500 that was originally modified by Shelby.

I think the GT500 deserve to be the Eleanor than the Mach 1...because it is superbly modified by Shelby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Mustang "Eleanors" do u love 'em or not?