New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I remember a conversation with my dad before when I asked him why he doesn't have mudguards. Sagot niya is nag accumulate yung dumi sa loob and it makes it harder to clean (remove, clean, balik x4). Considering we have a lot of rain and the cars don't go off the road naman (usually) pinapahugasan na lang namin kaagad instead of having them to stop the dirt, kasi the rest of the car gets dirty rin naman so isabay na lang dun yung hugas.

On the other hand while running over puddles, we just drive slower than usual to avoid splashing the water onto the newly cleaned car, and drive off slowly...

I think it's more of the overall perception of the owner and the type of care he'll put into owning the car.

As for gravel trucks, it's pointless to have mudguards if the gravel from the cargo load is the one doing the glass-breaking and not the ones from the tires, but of course those trucks go off road a lot so they should have the guards for when they have mud all over as well.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    MG are made with specific purpose, pero it depends sa design or contour ng ride mo, especially mga later models eh hindi na naglalagay nito.

IMO, its better to have this kung OEM talaga. Also, mas gugustuhin ko nang masalo lahat ng MG mga dumi like asphalt kesa painstakingly remove it pag dumikit na sa body or worst sa paint....

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I've always wondered why the Mitsubishi Adventure Grand Sport doesn't come standard with mudguards. Dinadaan na lang sa oversized fender flares?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    speaking of mud guards, anyone knows where i can have a set made/buy new set? the ones on my safari kinda look sorry,ruins the overall look. TIA

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    For functionality, mudguards only reduce the splashes. For aesthetics, it depends on the car. For an AE101/EE100 Corolla, mudguards are nice if you keep your stock wheels, but if you lower and upgrade to thicker mags and tires, you're better off without them. Many Japanese SUVs also look better with mudguards.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by squala View Post
    For functionality, mudguards only reduce the splashes. For aesthetics, it depends on the car. For an AE101/EE100 Corolla, mudguards are nice if you keep your stock wheels, but if you lower and upgrade to thicker mags and tires, you're better off without them. Many Japanese SUVs also look better with mudguards.

actually yes....pag gumamit ka ng mas makapal na tires, medyo useless na sya dahil lampas na yung tires sa fenders, which MGs protect.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    speaking of mud guards, anyone knows where i can have a set made/buy new set? the ones on my safari kinda look sorry,ruins the overall look. TIA
    Banawe. We were there last week, and we almost bought a set for my Sentra, but, I didn't have enough money after I got my new tail lights and rain gutter thing. Original price was around P1,000 or P900. I told them, if they lower it to 700, i'll get it. They said ok, but I just ran out of money heheheh. Just ask the freelance Banawe boys heheheh

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by vhenok View Post
    MG are made with specific purpose, pero it depends sa design or contour ng ride mo, especially mga later models eh hindi na naglalagay nito.

IMO, its better to have this kung OEM talaga. Also, mas gugustuhin ko nang masalo lahat ng MG mga dumi like asphalt kesa painstakingly remove it pag dumikit na sa body or worst sa paint....
    True, that. I've had asphalt on the car body before also and know how hard it is to remove. Plus siyempre simple courtesy na lang dun sa mga car sa likod mo na ayaw maglagay ng washer fluid ng ganoon kadalas.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    For My SiR with 2" drop, di na pwede lagyan ng mudguards kasi sasayad lang sa front. And besides, if you lower a civic that much para ka na din may mudguards since only a few inches of tire is exposed... :d

Sa rear naman instead of removing it, i just cut the part that extends over the side of the rear bumper and under it. Mukhang wala mudguard pero nandun pa din talaga siya. and because the car is lowered konti lang ng tire ang naka exposed so the splash stays in the wheel well... ;)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    mud guards: dagdag effort lang linisin yan. pero useful yun kung parati ka sa farm or non-paved mabato lugar

pero kung city lang, wag na.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mud Guards how important they are?