New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Are mud guards essential to our cars? What if the owner just washes his car every now and then o kailangan pa rin ba ng mud guards?

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    Depende sa owner ng kotse kung ayaw nya matalsikan ng putik at bato yung tagiliran ng auto nya ay importante yan, pero pag pormahan ang priority ay yan ang unang-unang tatanggalin

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yup, it really depends on the owner. Some mudguards really do a lot to ruin the overall 'clean' look of the car for the sake of functionality, while some mudguards are not too bulky and even contribute to the overall look.

In my Camry's case, for instance, no mudguard came with the car. On stock rims, the shape of the body and the offset of the rims ensured that not much water or mud or whatever else would splash on the panels behind the tires. Nga lang, when I upgraded to bigger and wider wheels, I just had to bear with the additional dirt behind the said panels. In my girlfriend's Vios's case, we kept the mudguards on (since her car's black and so are the mudguards) even with the upgraded wheels. And since she doesn't get to go to the car wash much, ok na rin, pampatagal na malinis yung oto.

IMO, the bigger rigs built for hardcore 4x4-ing, and SUVs/rides with AT and MT tires should install some sort of mudguard when they're serving on-road duty. Tires like those tend to collect a lot of pebbles, mud and the like while driving off or even on (our clean metro) road and tend to release them toward trailing cars.
    Last edited by IMm29; March 14th, 2007 at 09:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me it's important. Mga once a week lang ako magpalinis o higit pa because of work. . I have a question. Do mudguards work of hatch w/o rear wipers? I heard somebody said years back na pag walang wipers sa likod the mudguards help reduce the water splashes sa rear wind shield kasi malapit lang yung mga tires sa likod. parang sa kia picanto/pride, charade, getz.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for me they are important. i consider even wet patches of the road as a spoiler for my fenders and body.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    oem mudguard yes, esp with our road condition here. even summer
    dami basa-basa sa kalye. equals putik

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Nung bata pa ako laging sinasabi ko sa mud guard iniipon lang niyan ang dumi.Kaya sa akin hindi important yan.
    Add weight lang yan.heheh.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    yep, for me it's essential.... unless you like the sandblasted/dirty look on a car or hindi mo naman ginagamit kotse mo

syempre, lilinisin mo rin mismo yong mudguard tuwing linis ka ng kotse, para hindi naiipon ang dumi dun. at try to get the plastic/rubber mudguards. wag yong made of pure steel na weighing 2 tons each, it would surely add weight to your car

pwede mo rin 'play by ear' kumbaga. antay mo na lang mag tag-ulan o kaya daan ka dyan sa laging basa at bulok-bulok na mga kalye...then decide.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its important to the car behind you. Imagine driving behind a car or worst, a dump truck, without mud guards.

yup, important. former delica ko walang mudguard sa front kasi total warped na, tinangal ko, pag nag-rough putik-road, di mo maapakan ang stepboard sa dami ng putik, ung aircon evaporator na accessible lang sa labas over din sa dumi ang casing nun....

at kung over sa putik, some mud goes all the way up to the top windows...(running on 30x9.5r15s kasi yun, medyo labas ang sidewall ng gulong sa wheel well)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Mud Guards how important they are?