New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What exactly are they and how do they differ from mini-vans or commuter-type vans like the Hi-ace, etc... I think an example of MPVs are those nissan vans (forgot the name)...

Are they really considered a separate classification of vehicles like passenger cars, SUVs, pick-ups, etc.?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MPV, afaik, is actually a name of a mazda van. Would you believe they sold this for 1.2M packaged WITH a Miata?

Getting back to your question, thyre mostly vans. I guess its just a marketing ploy to make those vans ride the coattails of SUVs

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mercedes benz also has its MPV models, the Vaneo and the Viano aside from having vans and suvs in its inventory....

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I guess the manufacturers want to give their vans a more robust image. I mean, all so called MPV are vans right?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MPV means multi-purpose vehicle. It's just a marketing term. In Europe, that is what they call their minivans. Hyundai calls their Matrix model an MPV. Yep, Mazda even named their van MPV. hehehehe.

Originally they were vans with flexible seating (turns into a bed, rotates, can be taken out, etc.). Pero ngayon halos lahat naman ng van flexible na ang seating system.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

MPVs?