New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Hi guys,

Hi guys, i tried using this product....so far my car runs smoother and my milleage improved ....Anyone guys have tried this one?

http://www.myffi.biz/en/index.php?op...d=16&Itemid=27

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    smoother: seat of the pants "feel" doesn't really mean anything.
    more mileage: how long have you been using the said product? How many tankfuls?

How much is the product? Given it's one pill per tankful of gasoline, you're "extra fuel mileage savings should be MORE than the additional cost of the product.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    MPG-CAP™ is not a fuel additive. It creates a micro-thin coating on the combustion chamber in your engine allowing your fuel to burn more efficiently.

This one already makes me doubtful of the product. If it does create a micro-thin coating, won't it build up over repeated use of the product and eventually do more harm than good to your engine, like fouled sparkplugs. Anyway, read to the next part...

Q. Can MPG-CAP™ cause any damage to my car's fuel system or catalytic converter?
    A. MPG-CAP™ will not damage fuel systems or catalytic converters.

It will coat the engine cylinders but not the catalytic converter. ... yeah right.

A good comparison would be leaded gasoline. The lead content is needed by some engines to lubricate certain components like valve seats. But if you have a catalytic converter, the leaded gasoline will coat the catalytic elements, rendering it useless.

MPG-CAP™ increases the overall vehicle performance, including increase in fuel efficiency in miles per gallon, decrease in engine wear and tear, decrease in harmful emmisions, and a reduction in engine operating temperatures.

Kinda sounds like a magic bullet. Maybe they forgot it's also a cure for cancer and male baldness too?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; August 27th, 2007 at 10:00 PM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    We've talked about this before. According to laboratory testing, the MPG-Caps are nothing more than an expensive form of octane booster. And they cause rough running in some engines, to boot due to unwanted residue.

Try doing an A-B-A test... run one full tank with, one without, one with... and continue this for about three months. You'll notice that driving conditions have a bigger effect than the fuel caps.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    tnks for the replies guys,,,i saw similar links

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Try Blaze instead of your regular gasoline. If you see similar results to what you get with the MPG-CAPs, that means that your regular gasoline is a bit too low octane for optimal performance. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

MPG Caps