New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ^Uh, Saab is a GM brand, 1-series is BMW and... I saw a Porsche Cabrio... puro VW pala mga electricals.

Yung mga auto review sa mga dyaryo napapatawa nalang me. Dito nalang me sa tsikot.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by flagg View Post
    ^Uh, Saab is a GM brand, 1-series is BMW and... I saw a Porsche Cabrio... puro VW pala mga electricals.

Yung mga auto review sa mga dyaryo napapatawa nalang me. Dito nalang me sa tsikot.
    oo nga sir dito nalang tayo sa tsikot pero sir ,di lang bimmer ang may 1 series but merc has its own 1 series we call it, dont know baka wala pa dyan sa pinas. i work for them remember .at sir wag kang magtaka sa porsche at vw,audi,seat,skoda at ang bagong buggatti, they even have the most expensive vw witch may not even be in the PI market, witch we already have here they call it python or something i dont realy know how to pronounce it and they are all from the same company called union.just to share you some of the brand that we have. this is not from the review.hands on experience sir

3. Join Date
    May 2006
    For me I don't believe in journalist. Ang pinakamagandang reviews sa mga forums lang talaga at sa mga 1st hand owners ng mga respective na cars.

Regarding sa mga service centers. Saan kaba nakakita ng pinakamagandang service. Walang pinakamaganda or ok pero fair lang. Minsan marami kapang tanong pero biglang nawawala or may gagawin. As for the case of Kia. The worst for me is Kia Mandaluyong. Siya kasi ang pinakamahal. Sa kia Q.A. pinaka malaki at bago mga gamit. Sa kia pasay fair din at mabait naman at mura lang. Malakit din. D lang pansin sa harap. But After going through several service centers to find the best. Hindi parin talaga ako satisfied. Hindi kasi pwede tingnan. Ako kasi gusto ko tingnan personally kung ginagawa yung car. I think O.T. na eto. Siguro dapat nasa new thread na eto.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    ano kaya tawag sa 'motoring journalist' who can't tell the difference between front wheel drive and rear wheel drive?

answer: sebastian of bulletin

front wheel drive daw yung suzuki apv, doon sa 'review' nya a few weeks ago sa motoring section ng bulletin

ano kaya, paper review? d nya masilip sa pictures na may rear differential kaya inassume nyang front wheel drive?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Driv3er View Post
    yung pinaka honest na journalist dito for me ay si James Deakin. Although hindi siy ano holds barred writer, he still tells you kung walang kwenta ang car. Take for example yung review niya ng Picanto and Getz...aba, pati customer service reneview! Di daw maganda customer service sa Kia hehehehehehehehehe :D

Listen to his show every Wedensday night at 9 pm sa 103.5 , it's one of those programs I try not to miss
    hmm...wait for the next review of kia cars...pag nakuha na nya yung good customer service.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In the same article I mentioned, the writer claimed that SPORTAGE is a name owned by SUZUKI!

Yeah, right and I'm the Queen of England.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    *carwise,

that's the VW Phaeton. Panlaban nila sa 7-series, S-class, and A-8. hanggang Touareg lang ang nakikita ko locally (and of course the Passat).

hindi "union" yun. back in the 1960's NSU and Audi were part of this company called Auto-Union. pero binili na yun ng VW. all the brands you mentioned (Seat, Skoda, Audi..) are all owned by VW. which in turn is 20% controlled by Porsche.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    In the same article I mentioned, the writer claimed that SPORTAGE is a name owned by SUZUKI!

Yeah, right and I'm the Queen of England.
    For your mortification (I found this funny enough to save on my Phone):

Quote Originally Posted by Weekends, published by Fairnews Media
    Getting the Best Price for your Used Cars

You can get the best price for your used car only when a new cars of the same model is being sold at the highest price. If a manufacturer gives discounted prices for a new car of the same model, you can't sell your car at the best price. In other words, the best time to sell your used car is when the prices for the model you have are at the highest. Hence, the important factor that affects the price of a used car is the price of a new car of that model you own. So it is better to wait until the price of a new car of your model goes up rather than selling it when the manufacturer gives discounts for a new car of your model....... cut.
    There's more, but that's the funniest. When I was reading that, I was thinking: "I am MojoJojo. That is my name. By which I mean, that is what people call me. These are the words they use when referring to me, because this is what I am called.... blah blah blah."

Errh... translated?

Quote Originally Posted by Translation
    Getting the Best Price for Your Used Car

You can sell your car at a high price if the brand new version is being sold at a high price. If they're selling it on discount, you can't get a good price for your car.
    But the guy was probably being paid by the word. I can't believe I actually found a writer more long-winded than me.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    I was reading today's issue of the Philippine Star. In the Motoring section, one of the journalists narrated a harrowing tale regarding his family's car crash with a taxi.

I just noticed that in one part of the article, he states that: "If you recall, our car was treated to a new coat of DuPont Jaugar Garnet Red paint last year at the Jaguar/Ferrari/Range Rover service center courtesy of its president, Wellington Soong, to showcase the service center's workmanship."

I'm just wondering, what if Jaguar/Ferrari/Land Rover came up with a crappy product, will our motoring journalist be able to speak out and tell the truth?

I read that hehehehe bad idea that he put that into his article hehehe (Nagyabang pa kkasi)
    Thats why In this country You dont trust motoring Journalist
    (I rather trust my mayabang na neighbor hehehe)

not only that everytime theres a test run Journalist would write that they were treated to some fancy restaurant stayed at nice hotel. Give them some kind of racing experience (like the honda media challenge, which i believe full of crap! hehehe)

So what do you expect from them? their true feedback??
    Mahilig pa naman tumanaw ng utang na loob ang pinoy hehehehehehe

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NazQ View Post
    very opposite sa top gear show sa BBC TV. hosts will really tell if its crap or not..
    Lately, I notice that Top Gear is giving favorable reviews to the Ford Motor Group... All new Jaguar, Land Rover, Aston Martin, and Ford models introduced are getting highly favorable reviews...

Oh well... tinulungan kasi ng Ford si Jeremy na magkaruon ng Ford GT kaya ayun pabor na pabor lahat ng review sa kanilang products.... tsk tsk

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Motoring Journalists & Car Companies?