New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mbt - sa totoo lang, I much preferred the E30 (1988-91) M3 as a "fun to drive" car than the existing E46 M3. Of course the new one outperforms the old in every way, but the old one is lighter, has better steering, and has handling set up for the track as compared to the new one which is definitely more of a luxo-sporty car. It also has a throttle cable, which makes acceleration response much better than the new "drive-by-wire" throttle.

The E30 M3 is truly a race car set up for the street. I need to get me one :D

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Many say that the original M3 is better than the latest model bar acceleration and top speed. For me, the original is best suited here. 0-100 km/h time of 6.6 sec can beat any souped-up 1.6-liter car. The new model looks good, but has too much power for this country with short, traffic-jammed roads.

My choice: E36 M3 with the E30 engine and E46 mags!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54 Powered,

how about the E36 M3? that car (and generation) received so much praise from the motoring press it was getting ridiculous hehe

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my car! p10 nissan primera. pero fancy ko din mx-5. nagbebenta pa ba brand new nun?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well, BMW M still makes the 2.3li from the E30 M3 until now. i think that says something about the original =)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    M54 Powered,

how about the E36 M3? that car (and generation) received so much praise from the motoring press it was getting ridiculous hehe
    You know, that was my dream car when it first came out...luckily my old job was in the auto biz (paint and body) so I got a chance to drive it a lot because some of my clients were BMW dealers :wink:

Ganda talaga...plenty of power obviously, and the handling was just razor-sharp. Actually even better than the E46, which is bigger and feels much heavier. But the E30 is still my favorite :mrgreen:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    M54 Powered,

AHA! so.... abusing the bejesus out of client cars eh? :mrgreen:

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Depends on what kind of fun. Even the MB100 is fun to drive. Imagine doing some agressive cornering and you're hanging IN FRONT of the front axle line. Nakaka-disorient. hehehe. Para kang nasa dulo ng pendulum. :mrgreen:

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nissan patrol 3.0L ng tatay ko.

pero gusto ko rin ung lite ace namen dati. daming kasya!!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbt
    M54 Powered,
    AHA! so.... abusing the bejesus out of client cars eh? :mrgreen:
    Hehe...no comment ;)

Now that I think back to those days, I remember a few more:

Dodge Viper - not so much a "fun to drive" car as a "scary to drive car" :oops: The thing had so much torque I couldn't drive the damn thing slow :lol: Toughest part was when I had to return it and drive it into the dealer showroom without accidentally crashing into the plate glass or the $100k Benzes

Porsche 993 Turbo S - what can I say? Everything the magazines say is true. And I never took it above 40 mph. :wink:

Nakaka-frustrate yung mga times na yun - getting a chance to drive all those great cars while knowing I had no chance in hell to own any of them at my $15 an hour

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Most fun-to-drive car?