New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi guys! Just want to ask, what are the things I have to do after passing through flooded area? Should I bring the car to CASA for inspection? Depth of the flood is half the tire. Although maiksi lang naman yung dinaanan ko (no choice ako e ), baka kasi i'm missing something. Mahirap na. The car was a hard earned money .

Have your brakes checked and cleaned.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If it's an automatic, check for contaminants in your transmission fluid, also. But half a tire is very low and likely no damage or water seepage will have occured.

Have it checked and double checked by competent mechanics in two different service centers if you really want to be sure. If your car is damaged in a flood, it's probably best not to let the casa know, because warranty and insurance don't cover flood damage.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Check your wheel bearings, if they're not sealed type bearings you may have to repack them. Changing transmission fluids, gear oils and repacking bearings can easily be done in gas stations. No need to bring your car to the casa.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Half the tire? Palagay ko there's is nothing to worry about. But for your peace of mind, have it checked.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Thanks guys! Yup its an automatic. Thanks Niky for the advise re my warranty. Actually maingay nga yung breaks may sound hindi squeaky more of a louder sound (grrrggg) when i de-press it. Regarding the wheel bearings, how do I know if its damaged and needs repacking? Also, how do I find out if there are contaminants in my transmission fluid? Salamt ulit ng marami.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    ...Changing transmission fluids, gear oils and repacking bearings can easily be done in gas stations...
    How do I know if I need to have my gear oil replaced?

I have a manual tranny Sedona that passed through severely flooded parts of McArthur Highway last Monday night. Sabi ng driver namin lagpas ng ilalim ng pinto pero hindi naman totally submerged yung gulong.

Maintenance work after going through a flood