New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mrpink: that's not really the point... when you say "M" sa automotive world, only BMW's M Sport division comes to mind for most enthusiasts, if another CAR MANUFACTURER starts to advertise their products with the same name, it's called DILUTION sa name ng isang established product.

Meaning, if that Nissan sells well, whenever consumers mention "M" di nalang BMW M Sport ang papasok sa isip, which BMW has spent 30 years developing and protecting.

Yun yung sinasampa nila.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    But Infiniti has had the "M" for quite some time now. Even if, as BMW complains, the commercials are misleading, I think just the fact that Infiniti is advertising "M" cars should be good for BMW... because it gets people thinking about BMW.

Ang hirap kasi ng mga Germans, puro alphanumeric ang names... and it's catching. There are only so many letters and numbers. Peugeot had this problem with their 1007 (107), as they were stepping on someone's toes (take a wild guess...)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    theveed: don't get me wrong, i totally understand why bmw is suing .. i'm just saying when it comes down to the actual cars .. i just don't think people will confuse bmw and nissan cars ..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hmmm... then BMW should also sue Mazda 3 owners as a lot of people also shortcut it as "M3" :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, the name game...

Sarap maging lawyer sa US/Canada, lahat kaso...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    IMO, wala siguro mangyari sa kaso na yan. parang benz nung dinemanda nila mitsu because of the pizza pie rear lamps. ganyan talaga sa mundo ng marketing and strategy.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aceshark: Nagbayad mo Mitsu nun hehe, talo sila sa kaso.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    How about Nissan vs. Mitsu, about the waterfall grille of the Sentra that Mitsu supposedly copied? That was hilarious.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    But Infiniti has had the "M" for quite some time now. Even if, as BMW complains, the commercials are misleading, I think just the fact that Infiniti is advertising "M" cars should be good for BMW... because it gets people thinking about BMW.

Ang hirap kasi ng mga Germans, puro alphanumeric ang names... and it's catching. There are only so many letters and numbers. Peugeot had this problem with their 1007 (107), as they were stepping on someone's toes (take a wild guess...)
    Unimaginative nga para sakin karamihan ng Eurocars. They're all letters and numbers. Americans have always named their cars. The Japanese/Koreans can think up names, although some come out stupid (at least may pagtatawanan tayo diba)!

1007 - "One Thousand and Seven" ("bawal" yung "One Double Oh Seven" diba?)

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kasuhan na rin nila ng kIA for its kidney grill look alike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
M-napped....