New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    I have read good reviews about the Chevron TECHRON fuel injection cleaner. I am interested in buying it. Do you know anybody selling this product?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wild guess only pininfarina,
    but as far as im concern CALTEX is bought by Chevron Already, ni retain lang nila ang caltex dahil may recall sa atin. try asking sa caltex main office sa 6750 ayala, my wife use to work there

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pininfarina, baka you're pertaining to the Caltex PowerClean

Caltex PowerCLEAN® Fuel System Treatment

Powerful fuel system treatment concentrate containing a deposit control additive with unbeatable clean-up of fuel injectors, carburetors and intake valves of gasoline four-stroke engines. Periodic application ensures that intake systems are kept clean, restoring lost power and performance caused by deposit build-up.

locally available sya in the form of Mitsubishi Fuel System Cleaner (repacked)...mabibili mo ito sa El Dorado at Mitsu dealers...

as far as i know the brand TECHRON was used by Caltex(Chevron-Texaco) for their fuel (bago ito naging Vortex)...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Thank you for the replies. Actually, I asked El Dorado about the Mitsubishi Fuel System Cleaner. Unfortunately it is unavailable. Regarding the Chevron TECHRON, I have read the article on the internet, and they gave a good review on this product. What I saw lately sa HandyMan was Cyclo CLEANUP Fuel Injection Cleaner. Has anybody tried this?. If anybody has experience in using this, please respond to this thread. Thanks again.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kasama na sa pag pump ng gas dito ang Techron.

Anyway...
    There are many engine treatment products on the market, each with its own claim of wonders. There is certainly a lot of marketing hype for such products. For some, they are even backed by product demonstrations to proof the point. If you take a closer look, you will probably notice that many such demonstrations are created under controlled conditions. There are even some setups skewed to show what the product manufacturer would like you to see/believe. Somewhere along the line, many of us must have been a sucker for such products.
    I suggest you search the following words in google.com
    "engine treatment hype" then decide if this thing really works.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    i've recently seen caltex gas stations have techron added to their vortex gasolines, even diesel, well at least that's what i see from their logos saying "vortex with techron". may halo nga kaya yun? i also have been reading articles about techron, puro positive benefits eh, totoo din b to? baka meron nakakaalam drawbacks jan, please do share, thanks

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    May Techron nga pero wala namang pantapat sa Velocity or Blaze. Ano ba talaga pinaka-ok na gasolina?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, all caltex gasolines carry the techron additive. panapat nila sa velocity ang gold. wala silang panapat sa blaze since 96RON ito.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mas mahal ng konting cents ang Chevron kesa sa Shell. Ewan ko lang kung may epekto. Basta ako alternate between Chevron and Shell...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I just started fueling up on Caltex Gold with Techron. Previously I don't usually fill-up at Caltex stations since I experience lower fuel consumption when using their products. But now, am getting pretty a pretty good fuel consumption with their Techron-added products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Looking for Chevron TECHRON