New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by rock
    Do you guys read motoring columns in local newspapers? What do you think of them? Do you think tsikot.com can (or should bother to) influence the writers to make their columns better?

Wala akong car magazine budget so I regularly read those of PDI (Aida Sevilla Mendoza and Al Mendoza) and the Star (Ray Butch Gamboa). The lady columnist has informative articles IMO but the gentlemen just seem to be the Maurice Arcaches of the motoring beat - i.e., many times, just a lot of names of industry people mentioned. But in fairness to them, sometimes they do assist their readers in some of their problems.

Suggested improvements are for the local motoring press to take honest and firm opinions - hindi lang yung puro maganda ang sinabi tungkol sa mga producto ng manufacturers. If car A is better than car B in a certain respect, say so. If this manufacturer's claim about mileage is bulls*#t, say so. This is for their readers'/ car buyers' best interest.

Other suggestions: Ten best cars, features, events, innovations for the year... Ten worst... parang Car&Driver.
    well all i can say is...many of those writers are corrupt (di ko naman nilalahat). di nyo nahalata meron silang paboritong purihin at paboritong tirahin. local car assemblers are spending millions to those corrupt writers just to spare their company from the demolition job that the writers can do on assembler's products. take it from me, i'm an insider. one writer always call one company's office of the president to ask for financial and resources 'assistance' everytime he has a travel abroad. alam nyo kung ano hinihingi? a luxury car service in a travel destination and a suite accomodation in a 5-star hotel plus plane ticket. kulang nalang hingin yung allowance. what a shame!!! kaya kilalanin nyo nalang kung sino yung writer na tinutukoy ko. halata naman eh. i don't want to name names.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i'm not sure of the url eh... pero if ever there is, di kumplete lahat ng articles sa website na found in the magazine just like in the sites of super street, scc, etc...

kung ganon nangyari, eh di nalugi yung magazine

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parang puro pro ang mga articles about a certain car, walang con.
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Eh sino ba ang mga imbitado sa HONDA media challenge? D ba mga Jounalist on prints. I think they suck big time, its like manufacturers gave them a brochure and the just read its content. Heck We dont even know if they like cars, maybe their just doin a job assigned to them. Mas gusto ko pa magbasa ng mga thread sa board than to read them article!.
    And yeah that bigote always gives name of people we dont know

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I don't even think a lot of them are car enthusiasts. Yung iba diretso kopya lang from the brochure, eh.

Sa totoo lang, mas magaling pa gumawa ng review yung mga posters dito sa Tsikot.com (mbt, etc.).

Sawang sawa na ko sa kakaplugging ni Butch Gamboa. Oh please... Kaya siguro walang magpapahiram ng test unit sa Tsikot.com staff kasi we tell it how it is.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thats how they live with it :lol::lol:

7. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    e -email kaya natin mga tao na ito na basahin itong thread natin about them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IMHO lang po...

Aida Sevilla-Mendoza - mukhang puro kuha sa brochure ang sinasabi,
    ang dami pang errors.
    Al Mendoza - wala nang ginawa kung hindi ikwento ang biyahe niya pauwi
    ng Mangatarem, Pangasinan at batiin ang kanyang mga
    drinking buddies.
    Ray Butch Gamboa - sinabi niyo na lahat
    Pinky Concha-Colmenares- pareho din ni Aida

sila Anjo Perez at Aris Ilagan (MB) medyo knowledgeable kaya pwede na.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa lahat ng local motoring columnists, ang ok lang sa akin si ...

Aris Ilagan (Manila Bulletin) - opinionated, although in a subtle way

Raymond Tribdino (dati sa Inquirer) - really straight to the point. he doesn't write anymore though, he's with Nissan na kasi.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    imo, motoring sections of daily broadsheets are pretty ridiculous. press release rehash talaga... when the new Lancer came out, i think i read the Inquirer heaping assloads of praise on the "revolutionary 6-speed transmission", when in fact, it's the CVT (essentially an infinite-speed A/T over a definite gear-ratio range) technology that deserves mention. i mean, do they even know what CVT is? don't they realize that a "6-speed manumatic function" on a CVT is a step down from typical CVT A/T operation?

and take note, they always claim to "have tested" their test vehicles for fuel economy and always come up with obviously impossible figures. other times, yung trooper yata, sabi nila 30 km/L yung claimed figure. it is beyond me why they seem to doggedly refuse to avoid misleading their readers. :?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
local motoring columns