New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    saintmichel >

kasi ganito yan, before 1990's di naman bawala magpatakbo ng RHD sa pinas, may GTO at supra ako nakikita sa baste area in its RHD form!

pero ang case kasi, ginawang rason ng mga trak-drivers na RHD kasi ang sasakyan nila kaya naaksidente sila!

nagkaroon ng time, time ni quezon/roxas ata yun, nagkaroon ng lobby para gawing RHD ang roads natin.. pero since sip-sip at maraming nagmamagaling sa kano tayo, nabasura yung lobby na yun.

pero kung tutuusin dapat RHD ang ina-dopt natin, kasi isipin nyo > thailand is a RHD country, japan is a RHD country rin.. at anu ang mga surplus na mabibili mo sa banawe--> puros RHD! tsaka pinakaitan tayo ng 4wd wagons,vans and RVs, jap-sports cars-->GTO,skyline,pulsar,supra,celica-AWD,FTO,cuppucino,trueno,civic Si-r,RX-7(fc and FD), etc!

nga pala, 2 of our major colonizer (spanish and americans) are both LHD countries. and most of the bad filipino habits ay kagagawan ng espanyol! sana inadopt nalng natin ang most chinese at most japanese ugali..
    Hehe, I like your points...mga intsik at hapon, capitalista, ma-business, mga kastila...ewan...tingnan mo mga south american people (latinos), katulad natin ugali...kaya di rin asensado, parang bansa natin. OT na ko, hehe..

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sarap sanang naging RHD tayo baka naka Paj na ko ngayon

(kung di lang magiging masama..)

what if di na bumalik si mcArthur, e di japan rule na tayo.. naku japanese standard ang life natin--> mga jap sports at mga pinapantasya natin, abot kamay natin! kasama mga electronics! OT OT..

pansinin nyu din, most RHD countries are colonies of britain/british. hongkong, singapore, and most SEA nations.. kung nakaikot na kayo sa SEA nations, 2 lang ang LHD-->taiwan and us(philippines) at tayo lang din ang hindi na-british rule...

and most RHD countries nasa "right track to progress" samantalang tayo dito, LHD country, puros "kaliwaan!:

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    wel if we were RHD it wouldnt really matter because we are an island nation...i mean thailand is surrounded by LHD countries... except for malaysia. and from what i read on the newpaper add the other day,, most of the countries surounding thailand are actually doing better than philipines,, and they drive on the same side of the road as philippines.... oh well heheheh

basta, talamak ang "KALIWAAN" sa bansa natin.. kampanya palang sa election kaliwaan na...

alam ko france is LHD, germany also parang most countries na are switching to LHD, most RHD are island nations like japan, singapore...england

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Back in the day (like yummy said) people carried weapons and shields on either side of their bodies. Some folks did it more often than others, so some countries had to place their shield on the right side if the country was going to become a left hand traffic (right hand drive) country. Same with the opposite side, if the shield was on the left side (possible attacks back then were common), then the country was to become a right hand traffic, left hand drive country.

Not all countries started this way, they just adopted their colonizer's traffic laws.

History channel

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    napaghahalata ang mga edad ng mga posters dito hehehe... eh mahirap mag drive ng RHD sa LHD oriented roads. Safety first ang kinosider dito. pero di ko na inabot yun dahilan...hehehe.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    wow! sabi ko nga uu nga noh kung japanese na tayo ngayon grbe! sailor uniform ! hahaha

pero kidding aside uu nga e i was wondering lang tlga why ganon seriously mas nakakamura sana tayo kung ganon e dba kung rhd tayo hindi na sana nagcoconvert

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just a current map of LHD and RHD countries. The British influence is clear.

I hate to turn this simple topic to a political one. But, the Japanese back in WW2 were nowhere like they are now. Back then, the Japanese had a serious case of racial superiority and would never have regarded the Pinoys as equals. Best case, we'd be slave labor if we weren't already dead. If MacArthur didn't return, I probably wouldn't exist today.

It took losing WW2 for the Japanese to be what they are now. I found Japan to be pleasant during the several times I vacationed there. But, be careful when going to bars or other establishments where a lot of the older, conservatives can still be found. Their older attitudes of superiority still prevail.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; May 6th, 2007 at 10:43 AM.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    doesnt this link answer all the questions?
    http://users.pandora.be/worldstandar...the%20left.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
lefthand vs right hand drive